Emilia said, "I love you, Mommy," for the first time yesterday. It was very sweet. I probably would have been sweeter if she hadn't said it to Pooh two days before she said it to me, but I'll take it. :)
Emilia has also taken to reading books to me. Mostly Pooh books, because we read those the most. She AMAZES me. Of course, she's not actually reading. But she can tell you what's on the page almost word for word. For example, we stayed at Dampa and Dahmi's (Grandpa and Grandma Watts') house the first few nights we were down here so we didn't have to find bedding and set up beds in all the mess. They have a Pooh book about Pooh getting honey out of the honey tree. She hadn't read this book since the last time we were at their house at Easter. But when I picked up the book, she grabbed it from me, opened up to the middle somewhere and told me what the page said using at least 75% of the exact words on the page, then paged through the book doing the same thing for the rest of the pages. I was floored.
She is getting used to our new house now, too. The first few nights she would wake up a number of times crying for mommy, but she's been sleeping through the night the last few nights. I'm starting to get used to our new house, too. I'm getting things in place and figuring out decorating. Our new landlords are very nice. What a change from crazy Mr. Henrie! The crotchety old man kept our entire cleaning deposit. Miser.
Steve started his new job on Tuesday and things seem to be going well. No complaints so far.
I have three wedding shoots this month and a garden to take care of (thanks, Dad, for helping me get it in!), so what with that and getting my house put back together, I should keep pretty busy, too.
3 comments:
I'm so glad you managed a garden, even around the move! That's one thing I look forward to about actually having a house.... :-)
No deposit back. Crooked, crooked man. Glad you got a garden in!
Emi is extremely smart and very creative! I am glad the move went well.
Post a Comment