Wednesday, June 16, 2010

For those of you not on Facebook

Facebook is easier for me to update because it doesn't involve logging in and detailing my life and I don't feel obligated to add pictures. I can just put little quips and be done. But I don't want to lose some of the things I have journaled there, so I'm going to post them here. Enjoy! :)

When Emilia can't quite do something on her own, she always yells for help. It makes me giggle when she does it though, because it either comes out as "Heoop me! Heoop me!" in this tragic-sounding voice that reminds me of a southern belle in an old movie like "Gone with the Wind," or it comes out "Hewp me, Momma, hewp!" which makes me think, "Help me, Rhonda, Help! Get 'er outta my heart."

Steve has called Emilia Poopenheimer since she was born because of all the poop she produces. The other day, she told me she needed her diaper changed because she was poopy, so I started changing her. As I was wiping her bum, she looked up at me and said very seriously, "Poopenheimer."

Steve asked Emilia tonight if she was the cutest kid in the whole world, to which she replied, "Umm?...Yeah."

Yesterday, Alison and I went to the grocery store with Emi and one of the things I needed to buy was some bananas. Emilia wanted to eat one right away, but I told her she had to wait until we bought them. After a while we realized she was saying, "Two minutes. Two minutes." When we asked what was two minutes, she replied, "Eat manana. Two minutes." hahaha!

As we were getting in the car after dinner, Emilia was protesting and trying to run away. So Steve said, "You're such a stinker sometimes!" to which Emilia responded, "Sometimes! Sometimes sometimes sometimes! Sometimes!" Finding this funny, Steve then said, "Haha, She's like, 'I'll show you!'" to which she responded,... "I'll show you!" I was laughing pretty hard after that, so she kept saying it. "I'll show you!"

1 comment:

M said...

You guys have a smart one on your hands. I love the negotiating....well, if I can't eat it NOW at least I'll decide when. And that when is in two minutes. SO there!

And the "I'll show you" is probably forever ingrained, now. Good luck with THAT! :-) So cute.