Thursday, October 1, 2009

Apparently ducks like Cheerios

As I think I've told you before, there is a canal that runs in front of our house that has a number of ducks that live in it. This spring, we got to see at least three families of ducks with the tiny little ducklings swimming in the water. It was amazing.

Well those little ducklings are all grown up now and we can't tell the difference between them and their mother. And now that they're big, they're not nearly as afraid of us as they once were. They saw us (Emi and me) as they were swimming by the other day, and they got out of the canal and walked over to us expecting us to feed them something tasty. I didn't have any bread heels at the time, so I grabbed a box of Cheerios to feed them. They loved them! And Emi liked eating them, too.

Let me just say, that I found it a little forward of the ducks to come to us demanding food! Sheesh.

Steve's parents were nice enough to give us tickets to the BYU/CSU football game last Saturday, PLUS they offered to babysit, so we hightailed our butts down there and watched some football. It was definitely warmer down there than up here. We roasted during the first half of the game. I get heat exhaustion easily, and I was feeling pretty ill by half-time. Some time spend under the bleachers (haha! there were about 40,000 other people under the bleachers with us too, so you just do what you want with that one.) in the shade and on the cold pavement helped, and after that the sun was going down. My gallant husband (and tall!) also let me stand in his shadow, so the rest of the game was much better. We won ( :p to Aunt Amy), so the game was way better than last week's, thank goodness!

Sometime during the rest of the weekend, Wilda mentioned to me that she had a whole bunch of extra tulle from one of Nicoletta's old prom dresses that she wanted to make into a tutu. Coincidentally, I had been doing some research on how to make those, so I decided to make it for her while Emi was napping on Sunday. It was really cute!

Other than that, not much new going on. Steve is working the same job and teaching one section of sophomore writing as well as taking one class. I have a few photography jobs lined up. I had one today and one last Saturday for the same person (bridals and wedding), and I have a family shoot and an individual next week and the first week of November. Things are pretty swell at the moment. :0)

Love you all!
Brina

2 comments:

M said...

I LOVE the tutu. Bee is jealous. (She said "Why does that girl have one of those dresses?")

We used to feed pieces of goldfish crackers to the fish in the pond on campus. I always thought it was a teeny bit macabre, but Bee loved it, and the fish didn't seem to mind.

Hooray for resourcefulness!!

Heather said...

Darn! I was going to make "no sew tu-tus" for my nieces for Xmas. YOu beat me to it. It turned out so cute!