I finally had a moment to breathe; since I won't work on photography stuff on the Sabbath, I had to find something else to do with my time. So, I thought I would catch up a little on my blogging. My mom scolded me (only a little) for not blogging recently, so I hope this appeases her.
Besides caring for Emilia and doing photography, I got a job doing a logo design for a friend's dad's business. He's a private investigator. It's been interesting figuring out how to not be cheesy with a Sherlock Holmes guy. :) Hopefully he'll like what I come up with. I also attended a container gardening class last wednesday that was really fun. I made myself a hanging basket that I put on my front porch and bought some really cheap vegetables. Last Tuesday I found out that I get to have a REAL garden and I'm extremely excited about that. A lady at church cares for a little patch of land that happens to be right next door to us, and she said anyone could use it for garden space if we wanted to. Me and one other lady in my apartment complex are taking her up. I went to the greenhouse and bought seeds and starts this last week. Steve said he would rototil (is that how you spell it? hmm...) it up on Monday for Family Home Evening. Hooray! I'm so excited. I think I have some of my dad's green-thumb-ism in me, so I think it will be fun to do.
Steve's job seems to be going well. He likes his boss and doesn't mind the work. The semester is finally over, so things should slow down a little bit now. He's still taking classes over the summer, but he is doing one class as a week-long lab and doing one on-line class. And he's only teaching 1 class instead of 2.
And last but not least, Emilia is growing like a weed and getting smarter by the minute. Here are about a month's worth of pictures of her. Enjoy!
eating breakfast before church









1 comment:
Such a cute family! Can't wait to see you all.
Post a Comment