Hey everyone! I felt up to doing a blot post today, so here I go!
Halloween was two days ago and as usual, my kids wanted to go all out for their costumes. I enjoy helping them make those visions a reality, so we thrifted and sewed and crafted and ironed and I think they all turned out great!
Harrison and Jules were both characters from the Netflix movie K-pop Demon Hunters (it sounds weird, but it's actually a great cartoon with a message that is really needed right now).
Harrison was Bobby and Jules was Rumi.
Bobby from the movie:
Harrison:
Rumi (she's in the middle):

Another view of her hair:
Jules:
Cecily was Starlo from a favorite video game, Undertale Yellow.
Starlo in the game:
Cecily:
Mira was Lightning McQueen from Disney's Cars.
Lightning:

The version Mira was going for:
Mira:
Em was a character from a video game as well. Tenna from Deltarune.
Tenna from the game:
Em:
The whole group:
It was a busy day. I started out by helping Cecily and Jules get ready for school. Jules' hair takes about an hour to do. And we painted the demon marks on her face. (She was late.) haha
At 3pm, Jules had her school costume parade outside. Then we came home and grabbed Mira and went to downtown Springville where the businesses hand out candy. We saw A LOT of K-pop Demon Hunter characters, including 8+ Rumis of all ages, some of her band members, Mira and Zoey, 2 Jinus, another Bobby (we think), and a 6-eyed bird with the little hat. We got a picture with that one:
Then I dropped everyone off, grabbed dinner from McDonald's (which took almost an hour with driving), and then I dropped Em and Cecily off at friends' houses for parties.Steve took Jules and Harrison trick-or-treating. Between our neighborhood and downtown, they filled those Halloween bucket things twice. That's so crazy to me. Mira stayed at home and handed out candy with a friend of hers. And we watched some Avatar: The Last Airbender together when trick or treating was over. Mira and I started watching the series together and Jules and Emilia and Cecily have all joined in for a lot of it. Such a great show! It's held up so well over time.
I was thinking about that this morning. Don't all of us want to create something the lasts? Something that will stand the test of time and bring joy to future generations? I do anyway. I wish I could write something like that. Maybe some day (when I've started writing again and) when I've had more practice.
So much as happened over the last year of not writing posts. I think the biggest things have been updating the upstairs of our house and going on two vacations this summer. We completely ripped out our old kitchen and put in new cabinets and countertops. We moved the sink and the dishwasher. We replaced all the floors in the upstairs except the tile in the bathrooms and laundry room. And since we were ripping out all the flooring, we painted almost every inch of the upstairs so we wouldn't ruin the new floors by dripping paint on them later.
After all the driving and the ripping out of our kitchen, which we did ourselves, I took all the kids to Megan's house for a solid week so we didn't have to live with 7 people and no kitchen for all of the 4 weeks it took to get it completely finished. It was a great reset and great to share the load and spend time with cousins/my sister. I always love visiting Megan.
I feel like the trip and updates need their own posts, so I'll do more posts on those.
Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment