A little over a month later, and we're back at Megan's. My kids didn't get to spend a lot of time playing with cousins while we were here for the reunion and they had 3 days off around the weekend for fall break. So we hopped in the car and crashed at Megan's for the whole weekend.
But I'm jumping ahead. I've been trying and trying and trying to complete the refinishing projects in my garage. But it's just not happening. I keep finding more things wrong, or messing things up, or just taking 5 days off from working. 😛
Cecily finished her soccer season. The team got better as the season went on, so I'd say that's winning (even though they didn't win many actual games). Grandma and Grandpa Watts and Grandpa Frohlich all came to her last game. Then Gma and Gpa Watts went out to dinner with us after. Cecily got to choose where we went, so of course we went to Golden Corral. :D
We've been putting together Halloween costumes. Mira had a choir concert that went quite well. I had a Relief Society activity that was a crochet night (woohoo!). There was a fall carnival at Jules' school that we all enjoyed attending. We won two silent auction baskets that were probably not worth what we paid for them, but it was good to support the school. Everyone had way too many sweets and played silly games and spent an evening outdoors. So I'm glad we went. Harrison had a filling put in. He did so well! They gave him laughing gas and he was so mellow! I asked if parents could get that for regular everyday life. They said no. Steve and I helped clean the temple one night and I went to the temple one Thursday afternoon to do an endowment session.
I used to be decently good at taking pictures of these things, but I have ceased remembering much of anything, so you'll have to take my word for it. (Irony, I know.)
Last weekend, we took the kids to Jakers Pumpkin Patch in Springville. We used to go back when it was free. Now it's $7/person. Plus we bought snacks. And pumpkins. Phew!
Our favorite part was the 3 foot deep corn pit. It's like playing on the beach, but more comfortable and slightly less messy.
We all came home with corn in our pockets. I was finding them on bathroom floors and in the wash days later. Haha.
Since we had pumpkins to carve, we did that the next day on Sunday. Mira did Sonic. Steve did the Decepticons symbol. Cecily did a bust of Ori from Ori and the Blind Forest.
Emilia did the symbol from her favorite band, Ghost. And Jules, Harrison, and I and Steve carved a regular jack-o-lantern face. Jules was able to a surprising amount of the carving. And they both enjoyed scooping out the pulp and seeds.
On Monday, I made roasted pumpkin seeds and got two full cookie sheets full. I tried some in the air fryer and it seems that they get toastier in the oven. In case you need to know.
Wednesday, we left after Cecily got out of school and drove straight through to Megan's. The trip was great. The kids got along and were easily entertained. We did car games and listened to music. I went to three different stores for our dinner meal, but we all were very happy with our food. We had yummy snacks, and when everyone else fell asleep, I turned on my audiobook and got to enjoy a few hours of uninterrupted "reading." We arrived around midnight and went right to sleep.
It was beautiful, for Wyoming. :)
On Thursday, Megan's kids had parent teacher conferences, so we just stayed in and hung out.
Friday, we decided to go to the indoor pool. Everyone had fun and wore themselves out. We have pictures of these things because Megan was there. Haha.
Saturday, we decided to take an outing to a pumpkin patch. We did the corn maze and played in the corn bins again. They weren't quite as fun as Jakers because they weren't as deep. But everyone still played for over 30 minutes.
Today we went to church together. We'll play more games. We'll eat dinner. And be sad to leave in the morning. We love you Staleys!




































No comments:
Post a Comment