Sunday, November 15, 2020

I despise colds, especially while pregnant

 Two weeks ago, we had a pretty busy week, but this last week has been super boring/normal. As per normal, I took almost no pictures.

Two weeks ago today, we had our Frohlich family dinner to celebrate October birthdays. I was reluctant to get together because I wasn't quite over my cold, but I was negative for Covid, and everyone else was fine with us coming, so we joined them. It was nice to be in the chaos of family for a few hours.

I had grocery shopping to do on Monday since we'd been isolating up until Saturday afternoon. But I also started feeling sicker again that day. So I masked up and sanitized and only went for a 20 minute run to Costco because they don't do pick up. I got online and ordered pickup from Smith's after that. Tuesday and Wednesday I was exhausted and my nose got so stuffed up and pressure behind my eyes was giving me headaches. I felt emotionally terrible, too, since I'd gone to the family gathering and hadn't worn a mask. I could have passed this yuckiness on to everybody. But I asked around at the end of the week and nobody had gotten even a hint of a cold, so I guess it ended up okay.

Tuesday was election day. We don't even need to talk about that. Just glad we're past it. I also had a couple of custom covers that week. I try to get those finished up by Wednesday, so I can make at least one premade cover during the week. The premade covers are the most fun because I get to run with what inspires me. But since I wasn't feel well Tuesday and Wednesday, I don't think I finished them until Friday.

Steve had game night Thursday. And Friday Emilia had an activity with her Young Women's group. They ate some fast food and went swimming for a couple hours. She really enjoyed it. I made monkey bread (or pull-apart bread) for my kids for the first time. I tried to make some gluten-free by making the biscuit dough myself, but they turned out crumbly and dry and they soaked up the caramel instead of sitting in it like the gluten-full ones (and they were still dry somehow). Totally gross. The other half of the pan, I used the normal Pillsbury biscuits and they turned out perfect. Fluffy and moist and perfectly caramely. The kids liked them except Mira, but Mira doesn't like most desserts, so I'm not really surprised.

Saturday, Emilia had to be up and at a devotional + service project by 6:15am. They did the devotional outside by the temple they're building near our house. And it was supposed to only be 40 degrees with rain. Ulgh. I'm glad it was her. I hate being up that early and I hate the cold. She was back by 8:30 and she said she enjoyed it. It only sprinkled a little bit she said. And they had Costco muffins for them, so that made everything better.

I also went down to my parents' house that day. They were cleaning out their garage and needed us kids to go through some stuff with them, so me and Ben and Alison were there. I wore a mask this time because I cannot seem to ditch this cold. (It's still hanging around over two weeks after I first got it.)

Like I said, this past week was quite boring. I only had one custom cover this week. I've been working on some premades and some stuff for my website. I want to update it to look more professional and sleek. So I picked out a color scheme and redid my logo. And I'm making premades that will compliment the color scheme. Now I just have to wait for Steve to get a fire under his butt to make the changes I want. He insists he can do it. But the whole *when* thing is pretty questionable.

Tuesday, the governor issued a statewide mask mandate because the hospitals are past capacity and people were still having large gatherings without masks. He also mandated no gatherings outside people you live with for 2 weeks. That 2 weeks will be up 2 days before Thanksgiving. I'm guessing even if he extends the restriction, he's not going to stop a lot of people from having Thanksgiving with extended family. Hopefully people will be more cautious about it either way.

Since we won't know until so close, Steve and I decided to just do Thanksgiving dinner with our household. If he lifts the restriction, perhaps we can plan a non-food get together with some of the extended family over the weekend. That would be nice. My kids miss their Nana when they don't get to see her for long periods of time. 

Good thing we can do Black Friday shopping from home now. :) Not that I do a lot of Black Friday shopping anyway. But this year we're hoping to get a new color printer and possibly a new dryer. Mine currently takes 2 - 3 cycles to dry a single load. It's not only annoying, but since we have so much laundry (5 large loads a week usually), and I like to do it all at once, it takes me three days to do laundry instead of 1.5.

Here are the few pictures I did take this week. Jules wanted strawberries for breakfast one day, but she always dribbles the juices down her chin and ruins her clothes, so I just took them off. As I watched her eat and hum to herself, I was struck with the notion that I'm really going to miss this when she's grown -- her humming and dancing to herself, her little bulgy belly and diaper bum, her fuzzy curly hair, and how she bites only the tips of the strawberries off and then puts them back in the container.


When we went shopping, I got Jules dressed and she looked adorable in her new coat and boots, so I wanted to take a picture to post to instagram (which I didn't do). I got this cute one.

But mostly when I told her to smile, I got this face. Haha.

I should also probably document that Jules currently LOVES the Octonauts (it's a kids TV show that Cecily liked when she was littler too--in fact, she still doesn't mind watching it). It's about humanoid animals that help non-humanoid animals in the ocean. They drive around a big octopus-shaped ship.

She asks to watch Octonauts and signs "octopus" at least 73 times a day. We also have a box of Octonauts toys I picked up at a garage sale a few years ago that she plays with daily.

I remember now that I did do a shopping trip to DI this week. I had a friend who had a really hard week and I wanted to take her some stuff, but I didn't have a basket to put it all in. So I decided to stop at DI on the way there. I found a TON of fun stuff. It was a great trip to DI. Some of the fun stuff I found were some new clothes for Emilia, including these shoes. She's decided she wants to have more of a "cohesive aesthetic" to her wardrobe. So I made her do a pinterest board and then looked for similar stuff at DI when I went. I found the shoes, two skirts, and 3 shirts.

We don't have any plans for this week. I have two custom covers and a bunch of stuff that needs returning. But nothing major. Love you all. Have a good week!

No comments: