It's been a busy few weeks!
3 weeks ago:
Cecily lost her other front tooth Sunday night. So she's now missing both of her front teeth. (Actually, they're both growing in pretty well now, so it's almost not noticeable anymore. But for a week or so, she was toothless and lispy.) :) Of course, I didn't take any pictures. I remembered after she was in bed.
I had a free coaching session on Tuesday for my business. I had a client that is a business coach and she's opening up her clientelle to creatives and wanted more reviews, so she offered a short coaching session for free in return for one. It was fun to talk to someone new and she gave me some things to think about, so I would say it was successful and worth my time.
Wednesday, my parent came out to our house. We had a drain that kept clogging and we couldn't figure out how to get the drain plug out to fix it. And I'd hung a chandelier in my kitchen like 8 months ago that hung low enough to hit our heads on because for whatever unknown reason, the builders put the light fixture uncentered over the kitchen table. So my dad came to help me with the drain and with re-hanging the fixture. My mom does haunted gingerbread houses with the kids every year and we hadn't done them yet, so we decided to do those while they were out here. It wasn't until after they'd left that I realized I hadn't taken any pictures of them. Just these pictures of the bottles at the hardware store that my dad told me I needed to get, the plant I needed my mom's help with placing, and the houses we made.
Steve had game night that week and Emilia had a play date with her friend Tehani. Cassie Childress came over that afternoon, too, because the girls started Fall Break. She stayed overnight and the girls had a blast playing their hearts out.
I captured the girls reading together one day and it was so precious.
Emilia had a Young Women's activity Tuesday night. Wednesday night I had dinner with my ministering sister. We ate at Aubergine, my current favorite restaurant.
Steve took Thursday and Friday off, so he could get some things done. I also had my 20 week ultrasound that afternoon. So after Jules went down for her nap, we headed to the obstetricians. The lady who did the ultrasound wasn't as thorough (or as poorly humorous) as the guy who did Jules', but it took a lot less time. :)
They said everything looks normal except the kidneys were slightly dialated, but that often happens with LITTLE BOYS!
Yes, we're having a boy. Finally! Crazy crazy crazy. All the girls were excited, but Cecily the most. We bought blue sodas and airheads to announce it to the girls.
Friday after the girls got home from school, Steve took all four girls to St. George BY HIMSELF. Isn't he awesome? They had great weather, a German chocolate cake to celebrate Steve's birthday, and lots of swimming on Saturday.
I took the time to finish a particularly vexing cover, straighten the house, do some mending, clean out my garden and flour beds, and lay bark, clean out my garage so Steve could park his car in it for the first time since we moved here a year ago, shop for some items I needed to decorate my front table and Jules' room and for Mira's halloween costume, go to lunch with my dad, spray paint some items, and finish decorating that table.
Saturday night, it snowed. I was worried about the family driving home, but they made it safe.
This is how the front table turned out.
This is how Mira's costume turned out. I sewed it Monday night. She was Glaceon (a pokemon).
Tuesday I was still exhausted. I took a couple of naps that day. I had a headache for most of the day. Then before bed, I started coughing. I decided to get a Covid test done Wednesday morning. But they said it would take 5 business days to get the results back. So I had to keep the kids home from school Thursday and Friday while we waited. They didn't get to go to their Halloween parties and we didn't think we'd get to go trick-or-treating. With transmission rates as high as they are in Utah, even when I got a negative test result Saturday morning, we decided to keep our plans to not trick-or-treat.
Instead, we carved pumpkins Friday night.
Then Saturday, they dressed up and had a leisurely day. For dinner, we had Halloween-themed food (mummy hot dogs and orange mashed potatoes). Then we went on a neighborhood scavenger hunt. We just made up some items that we were supposed to find as we walked around. If people had candy sitting out, we let the girls take one, but mostly we just looked at the decorations and noticed costumes of those we passed. It actually made the night much more festive. More about the holiday and less about the candy. We may do it again next year it was so fun. When we got home, we put Jules to bed, ate the Krispy-Kreme donuts I'd picked up earlier in the day, and watched the Addams Family. Well, Mira and Cecily and I did. Emilia played Animal Crossing and Steve played a video game with his best friend, Ryan.
Oh, I did made jack-o-lantern and ghost pancakes for breakfast Saturday morning.
I've been planning an upgrade of Mira's room over the last few weeks. We've got five beds in there, which includes one trundle that you won't see. So I got 4 new duvets/comforters and they finally all arrived. I had a hard time with the one for Mira's bed. I tried to get one from England. It was mine and Mira's favorite, but they wouldn't ship to the US. I had a friend in England who was willing to ship it for me, but then they wouldn't take my credit card. It turns out, trying to buy a $25 blanket from England gets your credit card blocked by your bank. Idiots. Maybe if I'd tried to buy 17 of them or something. Or if I hadn't already bought three other blankets from other retailers that same day. I was super annoyed. So instead of that one, I purchased one from Wayfair that they could just ship to me. I found out a week later when it hadn't shipped despite showing that it was supposed to arrive that day, that it was suddenly discontinued and they refunded my money. Argh. So I purchased one off Amazon that isn't nearly as nice as the other two, but I got it two days later. This is the four of them together. I've also gotten some throw pillows and blankets that are on their way here. Then I need to make a bean bag chair, paint most of the room and repaint the beds. I'm excited though! It's going to be super cute, I hope.















No comments:
Post a Comment