So we went to St. George over the Martin Luther King Jr. Day weekend and last Sunday I pretty much had a meltdown, so it's been a few weeks. I never remember as much when I wait as when I do it each week. Especially when I don't take pictures.
The week after my last post, I met my mom to do some shopping. I found some fun stuff and didn't spend too much money, so yay me. :) I also got to go out to dinner with my friend Gina. She treated me to some amazing street tacos and lovely girl time. She is such a blessing in my life.
I had to get us ready to go to St. George at the end of the week and I've been doing a lot of work on book covers. Here are some that I've done lately.
The weekend in St. George was really great. We attended Joe's birthday party which was a splendor tournament. I came in dead last. Like nearly a third of the points of the winner. I'm usually not that bad at that game. :[ Then Nick and Wilda treated us to a lovely home-grilled steak dinner (with mushrooms!). MMMMMM. Sunday was a relaxing day with church, a quick home church lesson from Nick, more games, barbecued chicken, and naps. Not necessarily in that order. Monday Steve and Nick took the girls swimming while I got to stay home with a napping baby and do book covers. Then Steve went to play pickleball with his dad, Joe, and McKay. We got Little Ceasars for dinner for the kids and Steve and I got our St. George favorite, Mad Pita. Their spicy chicken gyro is simply amazing. We didn't get home until nearly midnight, but it was worth it for the wonderful day.
I started counseling again the next day. I'm so excited to be going again. This therapist seems confident he can help me break my negative thought habits and anger responses and I can't wait to see if he's right.
The rest of the week was busy with household projects and more book covers. I repotted all my plants. And I hung all the window blinds that had been missing since we moved in.
And I keep thinking. I did laundry. I feel like laundry takes up a significant portion of every week.
On Sunday, Emilia got called to be a counselor in her Young Women's class presidency. She had a long meeting after her activity on Tuesday and she's really excited to be a part of this. It makes my momma heart happy.
Cecily's all orange lunch one day.
I got this train set at DI for $10 and we made a huge track one evening after Jules went to bed.
Jules loves watching with her sisters while she drinks her bottle.
This last week, I had counseling again on Monday, but on Tuesday, I decided I was going to get Emilia's room more in order. I cleaned out the last two boxes that were in there. I used the carpet cleaner to clean the big white chair, which I moved in there from the family room since it wasn't really be used there. This is the water after I cleaned it. So gross.
Also, when I went to move the chair, I tipped it up and heard this huge slide of stuff. So i ripped open the bottom and got all this stuff out. I don't even think I got everything. Can you tell that chair was well-used at our last house?
In preparation for a book cover even coming up, I wanted to update my profile and such, so I took some selfies.
Cecily came home after her 100th day of school (which was Thursday) with this. I thought her answers were cute.
Friday I took Jules to the butterfly biosphere, Mira and Cecily had play dates, and we went out as a family to a sit down restaurant for dinner. This doesn't happen often. Eating out with 4 kids is like putting on an impromptu production of a musical in the middle of a circus. BUT it needed to be done. Because Steve was offered a new job!!!! It's exactly what he's been looking for for over a year now. It's not a pay raise, but I'm hoping he'll be MUCH happier.
Now I must go to choir practice and get a baby out of her crib. Have a lovely week!


















No comments:
Post a Comment