Sunday, January 12, 2020

Sick kids make for short weeks

I had very little on my calendar this week. Cecily and Mira were still too sick Monday and Tuesday to go to school so I had them home with me. Emilia made it half-way through Monday before calling to be picked up because she wasn't feeling well. Jules started with the fever Monday night. So everyone stayed home Tuesday, too. By Wednesday, they were all doing better, including Jules, thank heavens. Sick babies are so so sad. Since the kids were home to consult when I had the energy to work on it, I decided to attempt putting finishing touches on Cecily's room. We ordered a new duvet cover, spray painted some pieces for the wall, did a little DI shopping to see if we could find that perfect piece, bleached some old white sheets because I couldn't afford new ones with a duvet cover coming from Pottery Barn Kids even with a 60% off sale (originally $99 was only $42, but still!). Then we started a latch-hook wall hanging that I was dreading starting because I knew it was going to be a 20+ hour project. But it really is going to be so perfect for the space. And it's not hard work, just time consuming. I'm about 11 hours in here:


Cousin Dylan stayed overnight on Friday night. Steve and I sort of had a stay-at-home date and watched the last two episodes of the Mandalorian. It's a fun show that we both enjoy (not an easy find), but I'm not blown away by it like some seem to be. Though you really can't beat baby Yoda. Seriously. Jules and baby Yoda are kinda tied at the moment.

Saturday Steve took Dylan home and brought Cecily and Mira with him. I took Jules to the doctor because she'd been cranky for the better part of the week and I thought maybe she had an ear infection. The doctor informed me she's getting 2 molars and there's nothing else wrong with her. I guess it could be worse. So I did a little grocery shopping while we were out and then brought her home, put her down for a nap and worked on dinner and the wall hanging while binging the entire season of Blown Away on Netflix.


Today we got to have strudla at my parents' house to celebrate Haylee and James' birthdays. So yummy. And we always love getting together and debating the merits of TV shows while wrangling children and playing Heads Up.

No comments: