Sunday, April 15, 2018

Not busy, busy week

I had almost nothing on my calendar this week and I was so excited to have a relaxing week. And then the one thing that I *did* have on the calendar blew up.

This past Thursday I was supposed to submit 10 pages of my work-in-progress to the three members of my writing conference group. But then last Sunday night, I decided to change which story I was going to send and had to not only write 10 entirely new pages, but plot the entire book they were coming from--before Thursday at midnight. My goodness it was a stressful week with NO extra time to do fun things. But with a lot of help from both heavenly and earthly parents, I was able to do it. Phew! What a relief.  Now I just have a new book to write. And a short story for a contest I want to enter. And two books to revise. Probably not all this week though.

Friday I took the girls to DI to shop for some Spring clothes for Emilia. It was a bit ironic that it snowed so much that day that it felt like winter.

Saturday, I had breakfast with some friends. I multitasked and got the car's oil changed and safety and emissions done while I chatted and ate. :) Steve mowed the lawn and fixed a broken sprinkler head and adjusted the rest of the sprinklers, plus finished the lesson he was giving in Elder's Quorum. It was a beautiful day, so the girls played outside a lot and Cecily even went to an outdoor birthday party that evening. We had to shop for the gift in the afternoon, too. Then after dinner, Steve and I went on a date. We had a bunch of ideas but actually ended up playing frisbee golf and then (after driving to three different dessert stores that were all either closed or blocked off) went home and made our own. Steve had a strawberry chocolate milkshake and I made gluten-free brownies.

When I looked at my calendar for this coming week earlier today, I thought I might have a slow week this week, but it's getting filled up fast. Hopefully I'll have some relax and writing time, too.

Mira's hair last Sunday. She wanted me to take a picture so she could take it out. *eye roll*


They had this at the library. The library was putting on a "Greatest Showman" family night that night. We didn't go, but the girls still needed a picture.


I needed a picture of my new hairdo and color.


Some of my seeds that I planted on Thursday last week were already up by Tuesday.  Yay!


Fun sandals I found thrifting. Real leather for $8.


Everything was blooming outside. Wednesday it was over 70 degrees!





This was how it looked when I woke up on Friday. *more eye rolling* ;)


Silly girls trying on clothes on Friday.


I added some more eggs to my wreath yesterday. I think I like it better.


This was the frisbee golf course we did yesterday. Don't let the picture fool you. It was the hardest course I've ever done!


Us before we started.


 We saw a rabbit on our way back to the car. Can you see it hiding in there?


The sunset was pretty, even though it was cold and windy.

No comments: