My biggest goal this week was to get a bunch of writing done. I got none. Bah.
I did wash and fold all the laundry, helped my friend Julia, had a presidency meeting (my last one! we'll be released this week), took Cecily to the Bean Museum, Steve took the kids to the school carnival (which he said was super lame this year), started redoing my folding chairs, took kids to dentist appointments and gymnastics, Steve took Emilia to a district-wide keyboarding competition where she took 11th out of 140 4th graders and won $10, had girls nights 2 different nights with 2 different friends and went on a hike to the hot springs with 2 other friends (isn't Steve a good husband for being perfectly happy to let me do all that in one week?), and did A LOT of shopping (mostly grocery, but some toy shopping for the girls).
Cecily has been excited for her birthday since January, so every time we go somewhere she asks if she can get this or that for her birthday. At the Bean Museum, it was books.
Cecily painted her own nails one day when I fell asleep on the couch and got nail polish all over my white bathroom rugs. She sure was proud of how they turned out though.
I also took Cecily to McDonald's one day just to play at the Play Place and she wanted me to take this picture. She wouldn't look at me, because she said it wouldn't look like she was really climbing the tree if she looked.
I put some enamel on a bunch of the shrink dinks I made recently. I like how a lot of them turned out.
Cecily made this creation out of her magnets one day, but she kept not liking the pictures I took. I was too far away every time. Emilia eventually stood right over the top of her and took the picture and that was satisfactory.
Cecily found the fly swatter one day and as she waved it around, she exclaimed, "I'm going to use my spy squatter on you!"
On the way to take the girls to school one day, we could see the sun shining like a blurry lightbulb through the rain clouds. From the back seat, Emilia yelled, "There's a rainbow!" so enthusiastically, I thought she saw a rainbow. But then she finished, "At least there should be!" I told her that just because there is sun and rainclouds, didn't mean there would be a rainbow. She was super disappointed. And then, as soon as I turned around to drive home, there was a rainbow stretching across the entire sky. By the time I got home and got my phone, you could only see a small part of it. But I thought that was funny.
My plants are getting big. The bean plants that I started way too early are growing beans already.
Here is the before picture of the chairs. They were so old and gross. You'll get the after pictures next week.
These are pictures from my hike. It was a beautiful day, but the trees weren't green because its too early for them to get leaves up in the mountains, so the pictures didn't turn out too picturesque.


















No comments:
Post a Comment