Last Sunday night, Mira got out of bed like an hour after we put her in because she couldn't sleep (curse you, Daylight Savings!). She had a little snack and as she took a bite, her loose front tooth fell out. She is adorable with one tooth missing. Her toothfairy forgot to come until Wednesday night, but it seems our family gets a lot of those slacker toothfairies. :)
This week was full of family.
Monday I had lunch with some ladies from my old writing group. They both have agents now and publishing contracts. As I left, one of them made a comment indicating that they had grouped me with the people who wouldn't get either of those things. It hurt that she'd lost faith in me because my journey is taking longer than hers. But it made me more determined than ever to prove her wrong.
I also needed to do some grocery shopping because I knew the rest of the week would be a constant go-go-go. The girls were excited to go with for once because they'd counted their quarters and decided to spend them on a bunch of toys from the vending machines. I'll admit they're cute. But I'm not sure we needed 30 of them.
Megan arrived from Colorado with her kids Monday evening, so we went over and had pizza with them at my mom's house and let the kids play for a while.
A bunch of plants came up this week that I had given up on, too. Peppers and tomatoes both came up. And these petunias. It's hard to see in there it's so small, but it's there. And they're all getting bigger.
Tuesday, my sister-in-law, Cindy, came into town and we got to spend all day with the cousins. I watched Flo and Sebastian while Cindy and McKay and Haley took a tour of BYU and did some piano window shopping. Then as soon as the older girls got done with school, Cindy and I took everybody but McKay swimming at the Provo Rec Center. They had a blast, as usual. Then I went to yoga at the library with another friend after dinner.
Wednesday, I helped Julia until 11, then Megan came and exercised with me. Emilia called to come home early because she was feeling overwhelmed and stressed at school, so I took both her and Mira out and went over to my mom's again. The kids loved playing together, especially because Ben's kids came that evening, too. Mira and Cecily were less excited to go to gymnastics that day, but since they'd missed the week before with strep, I didn't want to have to do 2 makeup days.
Megan and I exercised together again on Thursday. It was nice to have someone to motivate me to workout. That afternoon, Megan and I did some more grocery shopping and then I needed to run back to Springville to pick up my kids and go to Parent/Teacher Conferences. We met up at BYU's bowling alley after that and bowled one game. Unfortunately, they can't put the bumpers up and down for each person. They just have to stay up all the time. I think I only got pins from accidentally hitting the bumper once, though, so I still think I did pretty good. :) Mira didn't use the ramp even once, she threw the ball every time. She's a little bit inefficient, since she likes to swing her arm around the to back of her body before throwing it. It ends up being more like pinball at that point, but I'm still proud of her for continuing to throw the ball. Usually she's very self-conscious and critical of herself if she doesn't do as well as everyone else (even if they're all older), but she was a great sport this time and thoroughly enjoyed herself.
After we finished bowling, Cari and Febe came back to our house for dinner and a sleepover. They all played so well together, and didn't even mess up the entire house. It's so nice that my kids enjoy their cousins so much.
Friday, we (me and Megan and Haylee) took all the kids to The Bounce House in Orem. The kids wore themselves out and then we had lunch at my parents' again. That evening, we had a family dinner and celebrated the March birthdays. Mira was ecstatic to get a bunch of "hair-doing stuff" from Nana and Grandpa.
Yesterday, Emilia and Steve tried out for Hale Center Theater's production of Annie. Steve was last in a play there in 2007 before we had any kids. He was the lead in No Time for Sargeants. If they get in, we likely won't be going anywhere this summer, since between practices and two months of shows, they'll be gone for evenings for 4 months. It should be interesting. Even if they don't get in though, I think it was a good experience for Emilia to practice a song and sing it for a critical audience. I'll keep you informed on whether they in.














No comments:
Post a Comment