Sunday, March 25, 2018

Hair drama and other normal stuff

The most important thing that happened this week is that I got a haircut. Haha!

Not really, but I've been looking forward to it since I made the appointment a month ago. I hated my hair before and it's so much better now. I've come to realize that I place a lot of importance on my looks. I don't necessarily have to look amazing every day, but it's important to me to know that I can if I want to.

BEFORE:
AFTER:

I went to a lady who specializes in cutting curly hair. Devacurl has trained stylists all over the oountry and this lady was one of them. She was amazing. Not only did she give me a great cut considering what she had to work with, but she managed to make my hair even curlier than I ever have and I've read the Devacurl book and follow its suggestions.

It's way shorter than I would like. But I think it will grow out well and for being as short as it is, it's a great cut.

Yesterday, I decided to color my hair. I wanted it a lot lighter than it was after she cut it. But the cut was super expensive and to have her color it was gonna cost an arm and a leg. So I decided to do it myself with professional haircolor. It was a bad idea. My mom helped me do the back, and as far as I can see, she did a great job. But I didn't leave the bleach in long enough and now, even after toning it twice, it still looks like a light red instead of blond. I may have my neighbor who does hair fix it in a couple of weeks.

AFTER THE 1ST TONING:
AFTER THE 2ND TONING:


The girls also had gymnastics twice this week, they did a lot of playing outside because it's been gorgeous and sunny, and they all got to hang out with Nana for a while (which means they ate way too many oreos). We also went to the library, and played with playdoh and magnets.


My pony creation:
One of Cecily's.
Mira was quite the fashionista on our trip to the libarary. Had a pet under her arm and everything.

I thought Mira's magnet castle ended up looking a lot like an elephant carrying one of those tent things on its back.

I've been working on family history on Sundays recently and found a family member whose birth and death dates I didn't have and couldn't find anywhere online. So I asked my mom about it. Which prompted her to get out her tub of papers and books about family history when I stopped by to chat on Wednesday. That led to looking through papers for over an hour, and another three-hour session on Thursday.

Steve moved his game night to Thursday this week, even though I'd reminded him on Sunday that there was a writing group that I wanted to check out that night. So my mom ended up watching Emilia and Mira on Thursday evening while I went to the Provo library to meet up with them. Cecily didn't go because she'd already seen my mom that day and because she had a fever again. So Steve put her to bed early.

I got  to go on a date with Steve Friday night. We are not good about planning ahead. Fortunately, the neighbors have a son who's a senior this year who is kinda socially awkward. He's a great babysitter because he doesn't mind playing with the kids (they often have pillow fights where they throw pillows at him over and over) and he's almost always available. So we ended up going to the mall and searching through a used book store until Tomb Raider started. I loved the Angelina Jolie version, but this one was pretty awesome too. I was impressed that the main actress did all of her own stunts.

My little seeds are still growing strong. I'm excited to get a jump-start on some of my plants this year. And to have extras to give away for about the same price I would have paid for one plant on some.


Cecily was so mad at me for doing her hair like this one day. But after I put bows in and helped her match her clothes, she felt SUPER cute and bragged about it all day. :)


The night she had a fever, she woke up from a nightmare and I got to cuddle her on the couch until I went to bed. It was sweet to have her fall asleep in my arms like she did when she was a baby.  It doesn't happen very much anymore and probably won't again until I have grandbabies. Which hopefully (and sadly) will be along time from now.


No comments: