Sunday, January 21, 2018

Trip to St. George

I missed last week because we were in St. George. The previous week was super busy. I took the lady I help to DI for a couple of hours on Tuesday while Steve was working from home. I had lots of laundry to do and I needed to clean both bathrooms before we left. The girls had parent/teacher conferences (they both are model students, though Mira is much more average as far as grades go. She is either satisfatory or mastered on all of the subjects, though--no below average). I spent time with my friend Gina one night. I had a follow-up appointment with the homeopathic doctor. I had to pack all the girls and myself for a 4-day trip, get the car packed, get the house straightened, work on my writing, do some shopping, and get my parents off to their trip to colorado (Steve took them to the train station at 4am on Tuesday and then was cranky all day).

I find it cute that Mira is so proud of her bed-making skills that she often wants to take a picture when she's done. :)


Another photo from my instagram challenge: favorite genre: YA sci-fi/fantasy, sock Sunday: I just need my feet warm, favorite trope: beauty and the beast, plotter/pantser/other: both, depending on whether I've written anything like it before.


The girls decided I needed a picture of them hugging at parent teacher conferences.

Friday afternoon, we drove down to St. George and stayed until Monday evening. We went to a number of parks, hiked in Snow Canyon on the Butterfly Trail (there's a rock that looks like butterfly wings), learned how to play pickle ball, played a number of board/group games, attended church twice, and ate a lot of good food. Joe and Cindy are so nice for always being willing to host us.






I loved their two geckos. They always peeked their heads out to see who was watching them.















When we got back Tuesday, I went up to BYU to get us tickets to Murder on the Orient Express at the dollar theater on campus. Since I was up there, Mira and Cecily wanted to come with and go bowling. I did pretty good!


I got to hang out with my friend Camber this week, Steve got to play LOTR with Ben, I took the girls to the library, went grocery shopping at Walmart and Costco in the same day (this may not sound that amazing, but it totally is), the girls had a sleepover at Camber's house, her daughter Cassie came and played at our house, Steve and I went on a date (to the movie I got tickets for), I exercised FIVE days this week (I think that's a record), I picked up my parents from their flight home, Steve and I both did some writing, and I played a lot of Ori and the Blind Forest--a video game that is totally addicting. It was busy, but it was a really good week. I think the exercise makes a huge difference in my emotional stability. I felt really mentally healthy this week and really the only difference was the five days of exercise. I'm excited for the week to come!

No comments: