Tuesday was Halloween and I still went and helped Julia. It was a terrible idea. I was so crunched for time. But she needs so much help that I feel like I'm abandoning her if I don't go. Then I had to go home and get a costume on me and Cecily and head to Emilia's Halloween party at school. I had two relay games for the kids to do.
After the class party, me and Ces went to the gym to watch the costume parade.
After school, Emilia and Mira went to set up for their performance. For weeks before Halloween, these 4 girls made up a song, a dance, practiced it, and made invitations which they delivered to the entire neighborhood. If you want to see a video of the performance, you can view it here.
That night, we went trick-or-treating around Grandma and Grandpa's house. They each got a haul. Again.
This is Cecily being her funny self. Her words:
Cecily: My brain is fighting, Mom.
Me: Your brain is fighting? What is it fighting?
Cecily: Nooo. There's two people in my brain and they're fighting each other about my necklace.
Me: There are two people in your brain?
Cecily: Yes. They are twins and their names are Percy and Violet.
I waited five minutes and asked her for their names again and she said the same ones. She knows her brain well!. :)
In this one, she's wearing two skirts, a pair of capris, black socks with pink and blue shoes on the wrong feet, an owl shirt, and heart sunglasses. And when we went into the bathroom at the hospital that day, she declared, "It smells like pumpkin pie with cherries inside in here!" If only I had so much flare.
Emilia broke her arm. Some boys at school didn't know when to quit and sent her flying. Broke both bones in her lower arm, but fortunately, not badly. More info on that next week.
The sky matched my mood one morning. Of course I had to document it.
Mira got her nails painted, too. And a collage, because she asked for one. I guess collages mean something is awesome.
Steve and I went on a very short date that included sushi from the grocery store and a view of the valley.
This is every stuffed animal we own sitting in stuffed animal church. It lasted at least an hour, so I'd say my kids got the church thing down. :)


















No comments:
Post a Comment