Sunday, November 26, 2017

Last week was an "I'm struggling with the motivation part of depression" sort of week. I've been sick off and on for a good month and a half now and whenever my body needs nutrients to keep my body healthy, my mind doesn't get the nutrients it needs to be healthy, and my depression rears its ugly head. It hasn't been terrible. Just sorta iffy. Iffy mental health, iffy physical health = iffy housecleaning and other responsible adulting. I didn't even really take pictures, so it must have been iffy. :)

This picture was taken to document something humorous Cecily said.


Here's the story as I put it on Instagram:
Yesterday afternoon I picked up Cecily from a friend who had been babysitting her. As we left, Cecily waved and yelled, "Bye, I love you!" and happily skipped to the car. After we picked up her sisters from school, we stopped at Home Depot to get some wire for a craft project. The guy helping us reminded me of my dad and he asked the girls grandfatherly questions as he worked. As we walked away, he waved and warmly said, "Bye!" Cecily enthusiastically waved back and said, "Bye, I love you!" But instead of skipping away happily, she made this face, totally embarrassed, and said, "I just said I love you to a man I don't know!"

She also desperately wanted a picture with her fake keys. Because she's Cecily.


This picture was taken to commemorate a trip to Nickel City with the girls and the two younger Stratton cousins. We were going to send one of the girls to the BYU football game with the Strattons earlier in the day (because they had an extra ticket), but then two of them wanted to go, and then both of them said they'd prefer to go to Nickel City instead when I offered it as an alternative to the one who didn't get to go to the game.


This is Emilia's water cycle project. The red ball is the sun. The black cloud thing is precipitation. The white clouds are condensation. and at the bottom are piles of snow and a streak of water that are the accumulation. I thought it was clever that she wrote the word "accumulation" with pipe cleaners on top of the snow. She learned a song that goes with it that she sung over and over and over and it got stuck in everyone's head. Evaporation, and condensation, ... Great, now I'm going to have it stuck in my head again.


This week was Thanksgiving of course. We were busy every single day prepping for our very first Thanksgiving meal that we prepared by ourselves, eating and cleaning up after said meal, playing games with family members, making gingerbread houses, getting a Watts family picture with all 26 Wattses, cleaning out my parents' house and moving stuff into their new house in Spanish Fork, and being sick (with a not-fun head cold). The girls LOVED playing with cousins all weekend since all of Steve's sisters were in town.








And one more funny Cecily story copied from Instagram:
Despite her mischievousness (like cutting off the hair of 4 of her *sister's* Barbies on a whim the other day), this one is also often my best and most willing helper. She made her bed this morning just because she thought it should be made (I don't require bed making on Sundays). She also cracks me up every day. Today while making her bed she told me, "This is my version--Michael and Maya sitting in a tree, one fell off and broke their crown, Mama called the doctor and the doctor said, no more girls falling on broken trees."


Now I'm pooped and I'm headed to bed early. Have a great week!

No comments: