Monday, March 6, 2017

Not too busy to play a silly game

Has it really only been a week?

I feel like my life has gone from, "I can't possibly get everything done, I'm gonna die from the crushing weight of my to-do list," to "I have nothing to do, I'm so bored, I am a drain on society." It's very weird.

I think it has to do with not being in drafting mode with my writing. But it has to be more than that, because even with the writing, it felt like I had a hundred other things to do to. A mystery if there ever was one. :)

This week, I became addicted to to this game Emilia found at school called Little Alchemy. It's online at littlealchemy.com and I dare you to try it and not get engrossed immediately. The game starts  you out with four elements: air, fire, water, and earth. All you do is drag one element on top of the other and see what they make. For example, earth plus water equals mud. Earth plus fire equals lava. Etc. But then you can add the new elements to the old ones to create even more fun and surprising ends. For example, you can make Darth Vader after you add energy to a sword which makes a lightsaber, add that to a human to make a Jedi, and add the Jedi to lava to make the Star Wars baddie.

I wanted to do something fun with the girls on Thursday afternoon because it had been such a bland week so far, but we ended up not having time because the girls took so long to get their chores done. Plus, Mira and Cecily wanted to go to the mall and Emilia really did not. So Friday, I took the younger two to the mall after Mira got done with school.

We ate a "picnic" lunch at one of the tables there, we caught some Pokemon, we went to Charming Charlie and I got a new necklace and Mira broke a hand mirror, and we went to the play area for a little while.

While I was looking for a necklace to purchase with the last of my Christmas gift card, the girls had fun trying on a thing or two. :)


Mira is on the road to becoming a famous fashion model.


Mira wanted a picture in front of the fountain with Cecily. She really loves people.


Saturday, Steve did our taxes. Yay for tax returns! I also encouraged him to take Cecily on a Daddy-daughter date and he did. She asked me if she could watch TV and I said that I didn't think so because Daddy was going to take her on a date. "Would you like that?" I asked. Her eyes got round and lit up. "I would love that," she said. She asked me to do her hair pretty for it.


Steve took her to the mall again because that's where she asked to go, then got her a donut.


Today, we were finally all well enough to go to church. We were invited to go to dinner at a friend's house in the ward, but they ended up getting a stomach bug this morning, so we ended up staying home and inviting a newly single guy from the ward over for dinner. We enjoyed getting to know him better.

This last picture is how I did Emilia's hair this morning. I was proud of how pretty it turned out. Thank you Pinterest.


1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

That picture of Steve and Cecily is adorable. And you are way nice to invite newly single men from the ward over for dinner. 😊 I don't think it would even occur to me to do such a thing.