This was a busy, fun-filled week. I'm pretty sure I didn't sit down once Monday or Tuesday. I do laundry on Mondays (and I folded it this week, too, which almost never happens), and I usually need to go grocery shopping (which I did this week), plus Mira had a playdate with cousin Dylan who lives 25 minutes away, (so I drove there and back twice--almost 2 hours in the car). I was also trying to get Christmas decorations finished, so I took Cecily to DI to see if I could find a few things to fill in the display. Mira had dance. I actually cooked a real meal for dinner.
Tuesday, Cecily had tumbling, all three girls had dentist appointments, I had a presidency meeting to plan our ward Christmas party, I had writing group, and Steve had a presidency meeting, since he's now the Elder's Quorum secretary. I also had visiting teaching and Mira had another playdate (luckily this one was closer to home). I also managed to exercise, shower, and get my scripture study in there, along with running kids to and from school and feeding people. :)
Wednesday was Thanksgiving prep day. We made squash casserole and two pies, apple and cherry. I say "we" because Steve volunteered to make the squash. Nice, huh? The kids had the day off of school and it was a super nice day, so they played outside for at least half the day. I decided to finally finish my sewing projects that have been sitting in the playroom since Halloween. And I did it! I fixed a teddy bear, altered a shirt and sewed a skirt with a lace overlay. You could be impressed with that if I could wear it, but I think I'm going to have to give it away. I can wear it standing up, but I failed to consider how much wider I would be sitting down and it gets a little short. Erg.
Thursday was spent with the Frohlichs. We were dismayed/horrified when Cecily threw up Wednesday night around 10:30 and then again Thursday morning about the same time. Steve was generous enough to stay home with the sick kid while I took the older two girls to eat turkey and all the sides without him. The Watts' were kind enough to bring him some of their dinner after it was all prepared, so he still got some food, but he missed out on the great company. When I got home at 6pm, I let him go up to his parents house to get some extended family time in.
We should have known Cecily was sick when she fell asleep on the couch before bedtime (the cat is laying on her legs).
Friday and Saturday were all planned out by the Watts' and we had a great time. We did a talent show for Great Grandma Watts at her nursing home. My girls sang with all the girl cousins, cousin Jane played the harp, cousin Haley played the violin, and the adults sang various pieces.
Then we went back to the house and everybody made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers. My kids were very creative. I was so impressed with them!
Grandma Watts decided that her present to the grandkids this year would be a ride on the Heber Valley Creeper posing as the Polar Express. We had to be in Heber by 10:30 Saturday morning, so we headed up as soon as everyone was ready for the day. I think the kids had a great time. They enjoyed their cookie and hot chocolate, a visit from Santa Claus's daughter and from the man in red himself, plus the train ride and cousins. It made for a fun trip. And Steve and I got to enjoy each other's company for an hour and a half without worrying about the kids. That's always a win.
In the afternoon, the boys went to the BYU basketball game while the women watched Elf. I worked on a baby book for Cecily, Nicole graded papers, and Grandma cut fleece for Nicole. It was good to get a bunch of work done and be together and laugh.
All in all, no complaints for our busy week. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

























No comments:
Post a Comment