Sunday, August 21, 2016

Last week before school starts

We had a good, full week. And it didn't feel overly busy, so that's pretty impressive. I haven't been writing lately and I'm surprised at how relaxed I've felt just taking that one thing off my plate. I'll have to decide if that needs to be a permanent thing so I can be sane or if school starting will open up my schedule enough to make writing feasible again.



We fed the ducks for family home evening this week. We found a new place in Provo that has lots of ducks. I would feel guilty feeding ten pieces of bread to five ducks, but if there's fifty of them, I feel no guilt whatsoever. They're friendly and there's a nice playground right next to the pond, so that will probably become our new duck-feeding place.

Tuesday the kids had doctor appointments and we fed the missionaries for dinner. Wednesday, Emilia started soccer practice, which is kind of a relief and kind of not. A relief because we promised Emilia at the beginning of summer that she could play soccer in the fall . . . a-a-and then I forgot to sign her up. So she had to go on a waiting list. Thankfully she got on a team before games even started--so relief. But ugh. Games two days a week for two months is ridiculous and totally not a relief. :) Cecily had an Olympic games at tumbling that day and Grandma Watts was able to come down on her lunch break and watch. Cecily felt super important, so that's the important thing. :)





Thursday, I went school shopping while the girls were at the babysitters, and then that night I had writing group. Luckily I have two books completely written that need revising, so even though I'm not writing, I'll have plenty to submit to writing group for a long time to come.

Friday and Saturday were reserved for more family "staycation" time, this time with Steve. The girls and I went up to see my parents Friday morning so we could all go before school started. Steve got off work at 3:30 and then we went to see The Secret Life of Pets as a matinee. Then we went out to dinner at this totally disgusting restaurant. It was Steve's pick and he said I could blame him for wasting money and calories on that dive. :)

Saturday was really fun. I got up with Emilia and Mira and went to some garage sales. They got a new necklace each and some new stuffed animals and My Little Ponies and Barbie clothes. I also bought a rolling pin so each girl can have one when they play with Playdoh. I just realized, I didn't buy a single thing for me!



Then we ate lunch and went to the Provo Rec Center to swim and go down water slides. Cecily loved the water slides and everybody was worn out after a couple of hours there, so we went home and got dinner ready while the kids watched some television to relax. We all went out for ice cream at Farr's for dessert and then after the kids were in bed, Steve and I played Marco Polo and I actually won! I never win against Steve, so that was an exciting cap to the weekend of fun.

No comments: