I love my kids, but Cecily has been a little punk for weeks now and I'm super glad she is napping right now. This week was a strange week. I have a bunch of little projects left in the bathroom and I can't seem to complete them to save my life.
My writing is coming along pretty well. That always makes me happy. I think I'll be done with this first draft by the end of the month. I'm excited that it's gone that fast.
I took a picture of my new outfit that I bought last weekend. It's not a great picture, but you can see the color and style.
On the way to Nick and Wilda's for the 4th of July celebrations on Monday, Cecily decided to wear multiple sunglasses so she could look like a bug.
Steve's whole family went to the Scera swimming pool Monday afternoon, then we came back to their house and prepared dinner and waited for it to get dark so we could do fireworks. Mira HATES fireworks. She doesn't even like looking at sparklers or hearing the Pop-Its. She runs away screaming. That kinda puts a damper on family fireworks for us. But Wilda says Steve hated fireworks when he was little, too, so I hope she grows out of it soon. I can't remember ever being afraid of fireworks.
Cecily loved the sparklers and Pop-Its, and she wasn't afraid of the big fireworks, but she was done pretty quickly after the big ones started. I think the noise made her uncomfortable (plus it was late).
We had classes on Wednesday and hung around the house Thursday. I made the girls clean with me and let them watch TV. I think it was good for them to settle down a little bit.
Steve was shaking his head back and forth with Cecily on top and she was giggling uncontrollably. She said it tickled.
Saturday, we hiked to Stewart Falls up Provo Canyon (it's by Sundance). It was not a fun hike for me. Especially with Cecily. But we went with my friend, Gina, and she and Emilia got to know each other better, and Steve enjoyed the hike, and the girls all liked the waterfall, so it wasn't a complete disaster.
It was pretty. I'll give it that. :)
If you look close, you can see a rainbow at the bottom of the picture.
Now I think I'll go play games with my kids since we're not doing our usual Sunday dinner at Nick and Wilda's. (They got to go to glacier national park with Steve's sister, Nicole and her family. Lucky them!)















No comments:
Post a Comment