Sunday, July 31, 2016

life is in the little things

We had a pretty slow week for pictures and plans, but life is in the little things, right? And I thought our little things this week turned out pretty happy.

I bought things for the girls' bathroom and the small bedroom last week and took it all back this week because it didn't quite fit. Then I bought all new stuff this week, which I think will work (and for cheaper--yay!).

I wrote a new first chapter to my YA sci-fi novel this week. I plan on entering that manuscript into a contest next week, so I'm furiously trying to revise that book. I also took the girls to a park and the Bean Museum again, and they got to play with a friend one day, too.

Megan's last day visiting from Colorado was Friday, so we drove up for the third time in the last two weeks to see them again before they left.

I got to go see the movie Me Before You with a friend of mine Wednesday. I walked into the movie hoping they didn't give away all the good stuff in the previews--and thankfully, they didn't. Unfortunately, the ending ruined it for me. If not for the ending, it would have been one of my favorite romances of recent years. But nope. Stupid ending.

Yesterday we went to Steve's mom's side of the family's family reunion. The girls were excited because they got to play with cousins until late. I was excited because I sat on a picnic bench and painted a picture I'm entering into an illustration contest. The theme was "A brilliant flash of light lit up the night sky." Emilia is entering, too. Even if neither of us win anything, it was fun to make art with her, and I especially loved making this picture. It was frivolous and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

This coming Saturday is Emilia's baptism. It's crazy she's that old now, but I'm so proud of her. I'm looking forward to sharing the day with family and friends nearby.







No comments: