Sunday, February 21, 2016

We're done with it! Wahoo!

Last weekend, with everybody being sick for so long, was a hard weekend. The kids had Monday off school and we did a bunch of running around. Then Steve came home from work saying he didn't feel so great. So when Monday night rolled around, I was not up for have a meaningful and well-prepared Family Home Evening. So we watched a movie. Popped popcorn and everything. We ended up renting Kung-Fu Panda 2, because we had never seen it, and we want to go see the third one that's out in theaters. (It's gotten great reviews.) I'm not sure why we hadn't seen Kung-Fu Panda 2 before. The kids love the first one and have watched ALL the shorts a billion time son Netflix. It was a good movie. Much better than the new Annie that we watched last month.


Mira and Steve both ended up throwing up Tuesday morning, so we hung out at home and the kids watched a bunch of television and I worked on my writing. It was nice to feel like I caught up somewhat. Right now I'm trying to revise the book I just finished a first draft of in December, plus I'm starting a new book. Since my writing group broke up, I've been trying to get new critique partners, and that's been lots of work and an emotional drain. A routine might be right around the corner, but I'm not quite there yet, so it takes a lot of emotional energy to think about who is getting what when or whether I'm hurting the feelings of a new partner with my critiques, etc. So an entire morning to get through some of my writing and to look through some other peoples' writing was really nice.


I always take the girls to a friend's house on Thursdays for a few hours. She watches them and, generally, I write. I pay her back by making dinners or watching her kids or helping her kids with stuff. This week, her oldest (who is in college) came over for four hours and I helped her figure out Photoshop and Illustrator for one of the classes she's taking. It was fun to help someone else with my talents.


My parents came down Friday and stayed for the day, just to hang out and be with their grandkids. And they could because everybody was done being sick! Yea! My kids love Nana and Grandpa bunches (only slightly more than they love their electronic devices). :)

This one is hard to see, but it's Emilia sleeping. She looks just like she did when she was 2. Melted my Momma heart.
We also had the pleasure of being invited to one of Steve's friend's houses for dinner on Saturday night. We often invite people over for dinner or games or dessert or all three. But we rarely get those invitations returned. It was super nice to go and have yummy food and good company.

And today, we drove up to my parents house to have a family dinner to celebrate Ben's birthday. Now the kids are all in bed and I get to sit down and write. I'm excited. *rubs hands together*

No comments: