It was a good week. From Saturday night to Wednesday morning, we had cousins Jane and Meg and Kate staying with us. Steve was super worried that we would all lose our minds minds before it was over, but it turned out great.
Sunday, we took them all to church. It was interesting getting them all ready before nine o'clock, including doing their hair. (We didn't quite make it--but 20 minutes late isn't too bad, I think.) Then after church, we went to Nick and Wilda's for dinner and to give the girls a new venue to play in. They were very well behaved and even ate a pretty good dinner considering how picky the six of them are (except Cecily).
Nick kindly offered to take the girls to some activities on Monday and Tuesday and we took him up on it. Monday, we all went to the "leisure pool" at the Orem Rec Center. It has a small play structure for little kids, a large shallow area, and a big slide. To my surprise, my girls all LOVED the big slide. Everyone went down probably 25 times. Then, Tuesday, we all went to The Force Awakens and then to Chucky Cheese for lunch and to get some energy out. By the time Tuesday evening rolled around, I was feeling worn out. Not crazy--just stretched thin. I'm not used to paying attention to that many small people all the time. Tuesday night, while I was reading in the living room in an attempt to relax my brain, the girls decided they wanted to make X-wings and TIE fighters out of boxes. Luckily we had just enough large empty boxes leftover from Christmas to give everyone a box to decorate. They had a loads of fun coloring control panels and attaching canons, then "flying" around fighting each other.
Wednesday, we all relaxed. I did some Christmas returns after dropping off the girls to the next babysitter, but that's the only thing I remember doing that day. Steve did have friends over that night and I remember putting Christmas decorations away while they were here. I didn't finish though, so I have some bare shelves and a couple random decorations littering the rest. Thursday was kind of the same way.
Our New Years was boring. I didn't feel like hosting anybody with kids, and all our friends with grown kids were out of town. We ended up watching the new Mission Impossible after the kids went to bed. I actually liked it quite a bit. Except for Tom Cruise. But that's kind of a given.
We did more shopping Saturday and Steve cleaned out the Christmas tree while I did the budget. Mira and Cecily got new Build-a-Bear toys. I was surprised when Cecily chose to get Snoopy instead of a Toothless like she's been asking for for ages. She enjoyed the Peanuts movie a lot.
Oh! And how could I forget? The Toothfairy visited our house twice this week. Emilia's smile is decidedly different now. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment