Sunday, August 2, 2015

Three Cuties (and not the orange kind)

I have cute kids.
Just thought I'd put that out there. :)

All the girls LOVE our cat, which mostly gets called Kitty instead of Flame.
This week was a good week until Saturday, which wasn't especially bad, it just wasn't good, over and over and over. I shouldn't complain, though. Like I said, it wasn't bad. It was just one of those days where it seemed like something went wrong with EVERYTHING I tried to do. I went garage saleing in the morning, and, trying to be nice to both Mira (who was up already) and Steve (who was not), I brought Mira with me. Mira got stung by a wasp, again. I came home and decided to measure our flower bed so I could get edging to hold the bark up. I ended up breaking our tape measure. I went to Home Depot to buy edging only to find the stuff we wanted was "online purchase only." But I did end up buying Steve a new grill clearanced from $330 to $99.


We decided to take the girls to Springville's new reservoir. And forgot all the sand toys and floaties. It ended up being fun, solely because other people were not using/keeping track of their sand toys and we were able to borrow them and build a sand castle. Emilia made some excellent decorations on the castle and dug a formidable moat. Mira worked very hard at making wet sand. And Cecily tried to destroy it. Luckily she didn't succeed.

All of them reading on my bed next to me while I worked on my computer. It seriously makes me so happy that they love books so much.
After a nap, I tried to take me and Emilia and Mira to Costco for dinner and some grocery shopping, only to arrive 15 minutes after they closed. We ended up going to IHOP and Walmart, which was all probably more fun than Costco.

Same day, different location. Lots of reading. :) That's our library.
I have been making an effort to put my kids first, so this week I tried to do things with them every day. We went to the library, the splash pad, and the reservoir. We rode a carousel, looked at children's art, and had a picnic lunch on the lawn. We started reading a new Oz book. Ozma of Oz this time. (We already finished The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and The Marvelous Land of Oz.) And we had three playdates.

This is Cecily's face every time we play the How to Train Your Dragon theme song which Steve purchased on Amazon.
Mostly what I learned, is that I have cute kids. Inside and out.

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

Oooo! I like the idea of putting the kids first. It sounds so obvious but it is totally not what happens most days. And yay for a new grill!