I have LOVED the supplements I've been taking to help with my depression. Them, along with exercise, have helped me feel normal, capable, confident, and hopeful about life. But they're a little harder to maintain than prescription drugs, and that has been evident in my life over the last weeks. I'm figuring it out, and I like this better than the side-effects of prescription anti-depressants. If anyone is struggling with depression and would like to know more, I would love to talk about it. Give me a call or email me.
Despite a few days where I did not want to leave the house, or play nice with anyone, the week ended well. I also decided to try to potty-train Cecily this week. That didn't end well. Maybe in 6 months...
We took a trip to the library Monday, so we would have plenty of books to entertain us while we were holed up with potty training. We ended up making these funny pictures on the computer in the kid's section.
We had a ward ice cream social Tuesday night up the canyon. Emilia also had soccer practice. She was frustrated at her first practice, because everyone else seemed so much better than her. Steve took her out Monday and practiced with her for an hour or so, and Tuesday's practice went much better. Her wisdom and faith surprise me and delight me at times, and this was one of them. When she got in the car after practice, I asked her how it went. She told me, "It was good!. Better than last time." I told her she had done well and suggested a couple things we could work on, like not laying down in the grass when the ball wasn't near her. I told her she had to pay attention to the ball, because if the other team got in in the goal more than her team, the other team would win. Then she said, "It's okay, Mom. We're having fun. And that's what's important, right? If we don't win, but we have fun, it's still kind of like winning." Yup. That's right, Emilia. That's right.
She had another practice Thursday afternoon. I had writing group that night, and Steve had friends over to play a new game while I was gone. We went for a walk one night. Friday night, I think. Saturday we got to go to the originally named Sandy Beach. Emilia found a live clam and brought it home. Before we left, I told her, "I'm okay with you bringing it home, but it's going to die if you do. As long as you're okay with that." She was okay with it dying. Not sure where philosopher Emilia went on that one.
I finished (mostly) my bedroom last week. Here are some pictures taken with my phone of the finished product.
And a cute picture of our kitty, just to round things off.







1 comment:
Your bedroom looks lovely. And Emilia is great.
Post a Comment