Tuesday, Emilia was still really sick, and Cecily came down with a cold, so the girls watched a lot of TV and Cecily took like a 4 hour nap. It was glorious. I used the time to finish up a chapter that I am entering into a contest. I have to get the entry in by February 2, but I won't find out how I did until May 15. I'm excited to see how I do (because I'm really proud of this story), but I'm trying not to get my hopes up so I don't get crushed if I don't place. I do think it will be a good learning experience either way.
I also had a RS activity that night and I got to make some cards. Wednesday through Saturday, me and the girls were all trying to fight/suffering from being sick.
Thursday Steve got to go play LOTR Card Game at Ben's house and by Friday, I was drawn out. The kids were rather exhausting this week. Although Cecily was really cute in this video. We were reading a book and I showed her a baby chick on one of the pages. I said, "Aww! Look how cute it is! It's a little chick." After that, every time she saw one, she would say "Aww!" and then she started hugging the book, too. Adorable.
Friday night, we got to have some neighbors over to play games. It was a fun night getting to know them better and playing Dominion, Guillotine, and Oodles.
Saturday we were going to make a family trip to IKEA, but then Mira got the stomach bug, Cecily refused to nap, and the whole day got thrown off. Steve was an amazing husband and watched the girls so I could write, did dishes, cleaned a bathroom, and was just generally supportive. He's kind of great.
This last picture is part of a book that Emilia got from school. She highlighted sight words and labeled them, colored all the pictures, and signed it "By The Kid Emilia." She asked me if we could donate it to the library so other kids could learn about Australia and see all her hard work. I told her we could ask them the next time we went.

1 comment:
I'm just saying I have mad oodles skills. No one even wants to play me.
Post a Comment