Last week, I didn't post. I was feeling tired and selfish and worked on writing my book instead of writing a blog post. So, for that week, It was pretty normal. We stayed at home most of the week. Saturday, we cleaned and then went to play with our awesome friends, the Childresses. This picture of Cecily is her admiring Camber Childresses phone, which was playing Let it Go.
I did this to Emilia's hair for church on Sunday. Wilda was sick, so we stayed home and had leftovers for dinner. Pretty lazy day.
This last week, we were all sick again. Emilia had a fever on and off for 3 days, so she missed her Christmas party at school and laid around on the couch a lot. The rest of us just had runny noses. Four runny noses can go through a lot of Kleenexes. Just sayin'.
Monday, for family home evening, we painted wooden nutcracker ornaments for our tree.
 |
| Here is the crew with theirs |
 |
| Me and Cecily with mine. |
 |
| Emilia wanted to take a picture, so here is Steve with his, close-up. |
Mira is our little tomboy. She likes Spiderman and other superheros, Star Wars, dragons, and Lego video games. She also currently loves giving kisses and hugs and when she gets upset, she needs to be cuddled in order to calm down. Such a dichotomy, but I love it.
 |
| Mira "riding her dragon." |
Cecily found our Pretty Pretty Princess game one day and put on every piece of jewelry. When I hid it so she wouldn't lose all the pieces, she found the dress-up box and put on all the dress up jewelry.
 |
| Mira clipping the earrings to Cecily's pajamas. |
 |
| Emilia was dancing to a song she was singing in the background. |
 |
| She's so cute. |
 |
| Putting on the dress-up jewelry. |
Mira has been big into taking pictures lately, too. Here is a lovely one she snapped of me the other morning.
Thursday Steve had friends over to play LOTR card game and Saturday he went to help a friend build a computer, so the girls and I went shopping and to the "treehouse" at the mall.
We're thinking about getting the kids a pet for Christmas. I would rather have a dog, but I'm not sure we're prepared for the time investment a dog would be. I guess we'll see when I go to the shelter this week. Wish me luck!
1 comment:
Emilia looks so old and tall! And a pet?! Your kids will be so happy. My kids keep asking and we keep saying no way!😊
Post a Comment