Sunday, October 5, 2014

Life is good. And normal. Pretty much.

Looking back at the pictures I took, we had a fun week.  Most of it was just stuff we do normally, but I'm enjoying my kids a lot more now that they are all a little older. One out-of-the-ordinary thing we did do was go to a BYU football game. Steve and I went while the kids stayed home with a babysitter.


Steve's sister Heather and her family and Grandma and Grandpa went to the game, too. Emilia REALLY wanted to go to the game, but it didn't start until 8:15pm and went until midnight. It was going to be a little cold and I didn't know if she would get bored sitting there that whole time.



Looking back, I think it would have been fine, but oh well. We'll have to plan to go next year with the girls.  The game was TERRIBLE, though. We had 4 guys get injured, including the Heisman-contending quarterback. Then we lost to a team we were expected to beat by 3 touchdowns. Tragic and depressing on so many levels. Bleh.

Anyway...we also went to the park a couple times, 








worked on our fairy house, 




watched General Conference, 

Cecily wasn't feeling well. It was fun to cuddle with her.



Found out tonight that she probably got hand, foot, and mouth disease from cousin Lincoln.. Pray no one else gets it!

had a "dance party," and 


(I) worked on hanging some more stuff on the walls and Halloween decorations.




A few other random things: Mira walked into the kitchen the other morning and said, "Why is the praying mantis right there?"
"Right where?" I ask.
She points to the wall in the living room, so I go look. This is what I see:


Needless to say, I helped him outside.

Emilia melted my heart with this the other day. I found it in her backpack when I was cleaning up:


The color on these is terrible, but Mira is cute, so you're getting them anyway.




In other news, Steve has accepted the job at Oracle. We're not sure when he'll start; they're still processing paperwork.  But thank you to any who sent prayers and good thoughts our way. I'm excited for him to start this new adventure!

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

I love your entryway wall. I have no frame hanging skills. None. The picture of your girls in the train on the slide is adorable and they all look very old. And you are the nicest mom ever for building a fairy house. Sadie would love, love it but I'm afraid I lack the patience and skills.