I've missed a few weeks now. I was doing so good, too. I think I will be able to get back into the swing of things pretty easily, though.
The reason I missed the first two weeks is because I was sick both Sundays. Totally not fair to get a nasty, I-can't-talk-for-two-days cold, and then two days after recovering, get the stomach flu. I suppose getting the stomach flu is inevitable when cleaning up after two girls who it took by surprise at 3 o'clock in the morning three days apart. Don't think about it too hard, but Emilia was stuck on the top bunk and I ended up cleaning the mattress, all her bedding, and the carpet until 4:30am, at which time Cecily decided it was a good time to eat. Lots of lost sleep lately.
During that time, we also got a visit from the Nelson family, including Emilia's favorite cousins, Jane and Meg. The girls had a blast playing both here and at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Emilia got to be VIP at school the week she got sick, too. Her teacher was so nice and extended her VIP privileges another week, since she was sick for two of the five days, and since I was also sick a different two of the five days, she didn't get her VIP poster (the kind that tells about her and the things she likes that they hang next to the door for the week) until the day before she got sick. When she did get her poster, though, it was stinkin' amazing. :)
After recovering from being sick the second time, it was time to get us ready for our vacation. We have been planning to visit the Nelsons in Arizona since they moved there in June, and Thanksgiving seemed like the time to do it, since Steve would have two days off anyway. Emilia has been praying multiple times a week for six months, "Thankful we can see Jane and Meg at Thanksgiving." So, even though we had just seen the Nelsons the week before, we packed our car to the gills and headed to Arizona last Sunday.
Of course, we had planned to leave Saturday morning. But Steve got the flu.
I'll tell you about our trip in another post. But I will say that it was SO wonderful to see so much family. I love you all tons! I am very grateful to have been able to see and catch-up with you.
And now I am grateful to be typing this from the comfort of my own bed. We made it home safe a few hours ago. I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!
And here are some videos of my cuties being cute. Just click on the link(or copy and paste it into your browser address bar if it doesn't show up as a link) and it will take you to the video.
Mira dancing. She's got moves.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=631452653562878&l=5286392777866183375
Mira making Cecily giggle:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=631456030229207&l=4511431601330025117
Cecily giggling:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=631459350228875&l=7656933992104363058
1 comment:
Someone needs to do something about top bunks. They are awful. Putting bedding on is enormous undertaking. And cleaning up puke? Shudder. Glad you are well-ish again.
Post a Comment