Friday, April 27, 2012

Little things

You may have to enlarge this picture to be able to see the little accomplishment Emilia achieved recently. If you look closely, you can see plants peeking up through the sort-of soil. We were cleaning out our outdoor closet recently and Emilia saw the seeds leftover from my garden last year. Since Curious George (her most recent obsession) plants gardens in a number of episodes and even has a great seed mix-up, she immediately wanted to plant some of the seeds. Since it's April, my first reaction was "No, it's too cold." But after thinking for a second, I realized it was probably a great time to plant peas. So I helped her make a small trench, showed her how far apart to put them, how to cover them up, and turned the water on to fill her little watering can. She was very diligent at watering them every day. She even reminded me most days. When these poked up, she was ecstatic of course. I was very proud.


This little guy, along with about 12 others, were flying around my kitchen the other day.  We have been having ant problems lately, but this doesn't really look like an ant, if you ask me.  After a search on the internet, though, I discovered that this is most definitely an ant.  In the stage where they are trying to start a new nest.  Great.  As if we don't already have 3,000 ants invading our kitchen and bathroom that even the Orkin man is having troubles getting rid of.


See the little dark spots on Emilia's shirt? You can't probably see the ones on her skirt, her pants, her arms and feet.  She scared the crap out of me.  It's blood.  Her own.  She came running into the house covered in it.  I finally figured out that she had been trying to get off the trampoline when the chair she was using as a stepstool tipped over and hit her in the face.  Sheesh.  Quite the nosebleed, poor kid.


This little one is quite observant.  She figured out where the Cheerios were coming from, and when I wasn't watching one day, she grabbed the box and managed to get at the good stuff.  Little stinker.


No comments: