Sunday, April 1, 2012

facebook treats

Taking a bath with her Polly Pocket size Ariel, Emilia says, "I like the real Ariel, but not the movie Ariel." Me: "Why?" Emilia: "Because King Triton yells and yells at her. I'm not going to watch that again."

Yesterday I told Emilia she had to wear green because it was St. Patrick's Day and if she didn't wear green, she would get pinched, but if she did wear green, people couldn't pinch her. As she hurries down the hallway to her bedroom, she says, "But I like my pinches!"

I am currently having a conversation with Emilia about ladybug poop. The things little kids worry about. :0)

I sat down to eat some leftover cashew chicken yesterday and Emilia says, "What kind of food is that, Mom?" I told her, "It's Chinese food." Her response? "Who is Chiny?"

One of my favorite Emilia-words: Moodgy. For example, "I mixed up the batter good, Momma! It's very moodgy." Or "I don't like [the frosting]! It's too moodgy!" (Insert whatever food she thinks is too mushy and sticky in the brackets.)

I left my tripod in my living room last night and as soon as Emilia saw it this morning, she ran and got her camera so she could take pictures. She aims the camera at me and snaps a picture of my makeup-less bedhead. Then, when I wouldn't let her take any more she says, "But, Mom! I need to take your picture for the dinosaur museum!" I think she thought that would help her cause. Ha!

I must have attention issues. I made cupcakes this afternoon and somehow Emilia ate 6 of them without me noticing.

Emilia is constantly making up words. Most of our conversations throughout the day consist of her saying something and then me saying, "I don't know what that means." Often it is frustrating, but sometimes it's quite amusing. For example, tonight. Emi: Nanchi, Momma. Me: What's a Nanchi? Emi: A goodie. Me: Are you a nanchi, then? Emi: No-o. Me: You aren't a goodie? Emi: No. Me: Are you a baddie, then? Emi: *laughs* No. Me: What are you then? Emi: Uhh...a girl? (like, "duh, Mom")

I think lawyers should turn to 3-year-olds for tips on arguing their point, stall tactics, and dodging the issue. For example, tonight--Steve: Time for bed, Emilia. Go use the potty. Emilia: NO! I'm too old to use the potty.

Emilia has apparently watched Tangled a few too many times. Today I asked her to please finish her lunch. Emi (putting her hands on her hips and shaking her head): No! Me: why not? Emi: Because it's MY decision, mother! Me (laughing): No, because you're not 18, like Rapunzel. When you're 18, you can decide whether you finish your lunch, but you're 3. And Momma says you need to finish your lunch. Emi (with a big grin): OH!! Okay, Momma.

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

The problem with you doing this facebook post thing is that I have already commented on (mostly) all of them. But they are cute stories.