It's been a crazy month, and for most of it, I was the first one. I told my mother that I can see why some people hate the holidays. Next year, I vow to not make myself and my family crazy for three weeks before Christmas because I've over-scheduled myself.
My livingroom before Christmas:
I think the 12 Days of Christmas went well. I ended up doing it for 2 ladies, and getting another mom to split the days of dropping things off with me. One of them caught us, I think, because we couldn't call her to let her know her stuff was at her door because she has caller ID and knows both of our numbers. So, in the process of knocking and running away one night, the other mom is pretty sure she was spotted. The second lady we could call, and it worked out really well. We didn't tell her who did it, so I can't tell you if she liked it or not. :)
Emilia has been SO cute all month, and I keep meaning to get on and blog it, but usually by the time I get to my computer at night, I'm so tired, I fall asleep because I'm warm under a blanket and the computer heats up. So here are some pictures and some of the stuff I remember. (This ended up being longer than I thought, but I wanted to have it written down, because I KNOW I won't remember in 20 years, let alone next week. So if you don't want to read ALL of it, I'll forgive you. :))
For Christmas, Emilia got some play food, and stuff to take care of her "baby" and a Fisher Price Animal Sounds farm, among other things. (Thank you everyone! You were very generous!) The other day, I got out the little kitchen I found for her at DI (thrift store), and the play food. She immediately went and got her "guys" (that's what she calls the Little People) and had them hide out in the kitchen. She stuck some in the fridge and some in the microwave and the oven. Then she had a few of them climb it like it was a mountain. When she got bored of that, she got out the cutting board from the food set and set a few of the guys on it, then found a spoon and a cup and began feeding them all. Haha.
Ever since she could crawl around, Emilia has found it fun to sit in boxes full of stuff and move it around. (Don't ask me, I have no idea why this is fun!) She did it in a box of Lego's at Alison's house when she was like a year old, she does it at my mom's house all the time in a box of blocks, and the other day, she decided she needed to get into the tub I keep her toys in. The toys almost buried her, though it's hard to see in this picture.
She has also picked up the words, "no," and "wait" from Signing Time. She'll yell "WAIT!" whenever she wants our attention, but has to wait because we're busy, which I think is ironically hilarious, and when she really knows that she doesn't want something, she'll say, very calmly, "No." and do the sign with it. Otherwise, she'll just say, "Uh-uh," and shake her head.
3 comments:
This is darling! I especially love the "Ewww, gross!" That's just great.
Such a cute age! She has a fun personality. Can't wait to see it in person tonight!
It's great for me to read about all the fun things Emilia is doing and to remember that my "terrible two-year old" used to promote posts like yours. Not that she isn't cute anymore it's just that the cuteness is interspersed with tantrums, hitting her sister, taking toys from her sister, and all kinds of naughtiness that didn't happen when she wasn't two. Love it all. and Congrats on going private. Good move.
Amen to what Nicole said. We love 2 year olds, just wish we could gag and hog tie them sometimes.
Love all the personality Emi has! Wish I could see you all tonight.
Post a Comment