Saturday, November 7, 2009

I must have busy friends...

...because only one person has done a book review for my other blog (THANKS! Nicole!). I know. I know. I have a busy life, too. I don't blame you. I'm just sad that it isn't going to pick up any steam--because if I'm the only one posting reviews, it may have enough reviews to help someone in about 20 years. But if that's the way it has to be, so be it! I'm not a quitter.

Also on my mind is my humorous daughter. Today was kind of a laid back Saturday. We didn't go out of town, I didn't have to teach Sunday School, no one came to visit, Steve didn't have a big school project to work on, I didn't have a photo shoot...you get the idea. The unfortunate part was that it got pretty boring for Miss Emi. After Steve came home from a quick tech support job, Emi ran into the kitchen (his computer is in the kitchen because our kitchen is huge and we didn't have anywhere else to put it) and kept yelling "Die! Die!" as she pointed at his computer. Steve likes to play Laura Croft: Tomb Raider or Jedi Academy with Emilia sitting on his lap using one of his controllers to "help" him play. Whenever he dies and has to respawn, he yells, "Oh no! I died!" So Emilia was trying to tell us that she wanted to play a computer game with her daddy by yelling "Die! Die!" and pointing at the computer. It's sweet and a little disturbing all at the same time.

Something else to share: I saw these cute fairy dresses online that this lady was charging almost $90 for and I thought, "Hmm. I could make that." So I did. I think it turned out pretty good. Since Emi throws a tantrum every time I try to put it on her because she hates the tulle, I got my neighbor to let me use her daughter as a model. I think I'm going to put them on my website.

If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you can see the dress better. I'm trying to figure out how to make the wings, too. We'll see how that goes.

3 comments:

M said...

Darling. It's amazing that so few people are creative any more...fortunate, though, for people like you who are and can fill the gap!

M said...

p.s. I love the "die, die!" Hilarious!

NKW and WWW said...

I would post a review on your other blog, but I don't know how many people would be interested in "College Algebra" by Michael Sullivan. That's the only thing I have time to read any more.