Things I did today:
--Read scriptures
--Gave Emilia a bath
--Tried feeding her peas (which ended badly for her pants)
--Took her to JCPenny to do another practice session - I did one with her last week when she wasn't feeling well and got 2 frames in before the screaming began. Today went MUCH better. She was her normal smiley self.
(Oh--I don't think I mentioned the not-feeling-good-last-week thing. We both had the flu about 2 1/2 weeks ago. She threw up for a day, then had diarrhea, and then seemed better although she wasn't eating well breastfeeding and she refused to eat solid foods completely. I finally took her to the doctor when she started being really constipated the middle of last week. Her doc said it is normal for babies' digestive tracts to be affected for up to 2 weeks after having the flu and said she should get back to normal quickly. Well she got back to normal over the weekend and decided to be gung-ho about eating. My milk supply was down because she hadn't been eating well and she still wasn't eating solids. I thought I was going to die. She was eating every hour sometimes, and every 2 hours at night. She didn't eat that often as a newborn! So...we finally got her back eating solids, but I've had to supplement with formula while I'm getting my milk supply back up. I won't go into the whole feeling guilty bit.)
--Went to Walmart and picked up pictures of the Ward Christmas party that I took so I can finally put them up at church.
--Made up some sample logos for my mom's online bakery (I'm trying to get her excited about the idea.)
--Made dinner (We ate before 8pm. Hooray!!)
--Got the baby to bed
--Watched my husband play Tomb Raider: Legend (Sometimes I wish I could be like Lara Croft. I'm sure my husband wouldn't mind me looking that good in skin-tight leather either! haha)
--Loaded and started the dishwasher
--Put away dinner
I think this qualifies as a productive day, don't you? Well, maybe.
2 comments:
Sounds productive to me!! I'm lucky if I get to take a shower everyday!!!
Definitely! I keep a list these days of everything I need to accomplish even the really stupid stuff. A days lists of tasks could be: laundry, call Nicole, play with Carter, sign boys' homework, make a grocery list, etc.. I do this just so that I can feel like I am accomplishing something. Heck, some days checking "take shower" off the list can feel like a gigantic feat! don't you love motherhood?
Post a Comment