Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Long time no see

Hello everyone! I haven't blogged since before Christmas. We weren't at home for most of that time, so that is my excuse. It was a really great break to be down with family both in Orem/Kearns and Arizona. The sunny weather in Arizona also helped my spirits, I think. We didn't get back to Logan until we absolutely had to, which was last Saturday. I had to work.

Working at Penny's has pretty much become a joke. I am working 1 day a week for a few hours. So...on with the job hunt, again. There are a couple of prospects, though, so that is encouraging. There is a part time opening for a government job with the USDA, substitute teaching, and the US Census. They all pay pretty well for part-time work, so hopefully something will work out.

Emi relaxing in the bath

Emi was totally amazing on our trip to Arizona. She was good on the plane, contented and good natured despite the hauling her around everywhere and the new surroundings and such. And of course everyone loved her. (It's hard not to.) :) She has been really good since we've been home, too. Over Christmas break she decided to start napping. And when she decides to do something, she goes all out. She is now taking 3-4 naps a day for a total of 3-3 1/2 hours. It's amazing how much time I have to do stuff! It's like I'm on vacation every day! This mom thing just keeps getting better and better.

Emi (in one of her new Christmas outfits) and me on Sunday. (Dad took the picture, so it's blurry) ;)

Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. I love you!
Brina

4 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

I'm glad she has decided to take naps now! That is awesome! Also glad you had a fun Christmas and holidays with family!
Emi is so cute!

Alycia said...

Hey! It was so fun to read your blog! I can't believe how we've lost touch with each other :( so it was fun to hear about you and your cute famiy. I'm so happy for you that Emi started to take naps. Brenna will cat nap all day but as soon as we put her in her crib she's wide awake. Ahh the joys of figuring out this parenting thing:)

Canyonsrcool said...

ahh good times!

Nancy said...

I LOVE this picture of you and your precious little girl!!! She is really getting big. I am SOOO glad I called you when I was in Logan in Oct. It was really wonderful to see you and reconnect! Hope you and Theresa will stay in touch since you live so close. My girls need to let you know when they will be in Logan so you all can laugh together.