I turned 41 two weeks ago. So that's a thing, I suppose. I didn't take a single picture. Haha!
I've been doing Christmas shopping, decorating the house, putting up lights, decorating a Christmas tree, etc. Giving cute babies a bath. ;)
Feeding babies and cleaning up after them. I do a lot of that.
I wanted some fresh greens to decorate my porch with and the Christmas tree lot gave me all their trimmings, so after decorating the porch, I also made two wreaths--one for me and one for my mom, and 4 table centerpieces to give to friends/the sisters I minister to.
Emilia had her second sleepover with friends on Friday night. That was a production. I had to go pick up one of them from school in Springville. Then I needed to make sure they had a snack. We were going to make spritz cookies and managed to get the dough made and colored and then the cookie press broke after one pan of cookies. Then I had to make dinner, and Steve took them for ice cream (Emilia earned it by cleaning all the bathrooms in the house by herself) while I stayed home with Jules. Then I had to get the younger two girls in bed, get air mattresses put up, and make sure htey all went to bed at a decent hour. For being 11 year-olds, they took a lot more work than I was expecting! I was exhausted by the end of the night.
My mom had us over for a birthday dinner for me and Jules last night. She went above and beyond and made two pans of gluten free strudla *and* gluten free brownies. I was in heaven.
Now I'm sitting in front of a fire on a cold, windy afternoon (this seems to be a pattern) and I'm feeling sleepy. Merry Christmas everyone!









No comments:
Post a Comment