Sunday, November 11, 2018

new car

We bought a new car! Woohoo! We were able to pay cash for it, but it depleted our savings, so now we get the fun job of building that savings account back up. I'm too lazy to go take a picture of it--especially since it SNOWED last night. But this is what it looks like.



Sexy, right? ;)

That was Monday night. Tuesday, I decorated for Thanksgiving. And it took me ALL day. I roll my eyes at myself. I didn't want it to take that long. But I did a ton of stuff in the name of decorating: I swept up all the stray leaves on our sidewalks, pulled out the plants in my two pots out front, filled them with decorative stuff I cut from our yard and the neighborhood, shopped a pumpkin patch for $1 pumpkins, painted jars to match my decor, put up all the decorations inside, made a decorative tray for the table, made two evergreen "flower" arrangements, and roasted two pumpkins that I didn't realize had soft spots on them when I bought them.



Wednesday was insane, too. I knew at the start of the day that I had a lot going on, so when I said my prayers that morning, I asked for the energy to do everything I needed to that day. Boy did Heavenly Father deliver. After I got my scripture reading in, Ces and I went to get the temporary registration on the new van and picked up a home carpet cleaner at Home Depot. We've been wanting one and they were on sale. Then I took her home, made lunch for her and played a computer game for a few minutes before taking her to school. Then I ate lunch, went to the regular grocery store, had a friend come over for a chat, and picked up the kids from school. They had a dentist appointment at 3, so we hurried to that, and since they didn't have any cavities, they got a free ice cream cone at Sonic, which we had to get right away, of course. Then we headed to Costco (we were completely out of milk and I got a rotisserie chicken for dinner) and the library (all of our books were due back). When I got home at 6:15, I remembered that Steve was having game night and we hadn't picked up the basement where they play, so I cleaned and vacuumed the basement before feeding everyone dinner. Then after the kids were in bed, I worked on my writing. I almost never have enough energy to do half that stuff while pregnant. But I had energy all the way to bed time. I felt very known and blessed.

Thursday, I did almost nothing. Haha. Steve and I had to take the new car to the dealership for a recall on the automatic sliding doors right away in the morning. For most of the rest of the day, I processed the pictures I took of Ben's family and napped. I felt like I was coming down with something. I did make dinner for the family and went to writing group in the evening, but I still felt wiped out and went to bed early that night.

Here are some of my favorites from Ben's shoot:








Friday morning we picked up the van, and since I was already in Orem, I took Cecily with me to Winco to buy stuff for the gingerbread house that I'm making for the Festival of Trees. I've been wanting to do one for years now and my mom volunteered to help me do one for my birthday this year. They are due right after Thanksgiving, so that only leaves me this week coming week, really, to put it together. So I bought all the decoration items that I'll need (hopefully), and tomorrow I'll start baking.

Steve has made a habit of cleaning the church every Saturday, so he went to that Saturday morning and after all the girls got up, we cleaned bathrooms. I felt kinda run-down again, so after we finished with the cleaning, I rested by outlining a new book. Steve, on the other hand, worked his butt off. He replaced a headlight in the Pontiac, mowed the lawn, figured out our date night, scrubbed the kitchen floor, and payed bills. We dropped the kids off with my parents and went out for Indian food at the Bombay House with Nick and Wilda. SO yummy every time. I liked everything we got except the lamb cabob, but I was the only one. Everyone else liked the lamb, too.

It was a wonderful Sunday at church and now my kids are playing Pokemon and I think I'm going to take a nap. :)

No comments: