I haven't posted for three weeks. I've been feeling super lazy. Am I allowed? :)
So, since there's no way I'm going to remember everything that's gone on, you'll get the highlights version based on pictures and my calendar entries and to-do list.
I've been nesting and satisfying a lot of sweets cravings lately. I'm not sure if they're pregnancy cravings or just an indication that I need to do a sugar fast, but it sure has been tasty.
I made regular and GF waffles for dinner one night and used the raspberry syrup I canned three weeks ago. It was more like jam than syrup, but it was still tasty on waffles.
Since Wilda had given us peaches and apples and pears, I made peach pie the last time I posted, I ate the pears since no one else would, and then I made GF apple bars and GF caramel apple bars (which basically tasted like apple cobbler with a caramel sauce drizzled over the top. Cecily helped me use the slicer/corer/peeler to get the apples ready for sweet sweet goodness.
Don't they look delicious? Don't worry. They were. :)
I worked a lot on Halloween costumes--shopping with each of the girls for pieces to their costumes, buying hats and making headbands with unicorn horns, and researching how to make them boots that won't cost me a fortune.
I worked on a throw pillow for the Childress's house, did a lot of writing, even more lego building, and decorated for Halloween.
This is the beginnings of the pillow:
Here are the Halloween decorations:
I also went to a paint night put on by our Relief Society one night. This is my friend, Julia (the one I used to help each week), and her daughter holding their paintings.
And this is mine:
Cecily wanted rainbow pigtails one day, so this is what we came up with:
I'm now officially in my 3rd trimester. Only 2 1/2 more months to go. Augh! Here's my 28 week belly picture.
Last weekend was General Conference for our church. It was a great conference and I can't wait to go back and read through all of the messages. My friend Emily, who used to be one of my college roommmates and currently lives in Ohio teaching Spanish to college students and junior high kids, flew into St. George for the weekend because she was running in the St. George marathon. Since she was going to be so close, I decided to drive down for the day on Saturday and spend a few hours with her. It was great to see her and catch up. I hadn't seen her in four years.
We also had a garage sale, I attended to a writing retreat, Steve had a couple game nights, Cecily went on her first field trip in which she got to ride on a school bus--so exciting!--I held Activity Days and taught the girls about manners, and Mira had a play date.
That about sums things up. Here are a few more random pictures to end the post:















No comments:
Post a Comment