Sunday, July 8, 2018

Happy 4th, mostly

We got to do lots of social stuff this week because of the 4th. Unfortunately, my depression was a little out of control in a new and different way. I was feeling SUPER antisocial. Leaving my house and being around people sounded like a special kind of torture all week. Of course that decided to flare up during the week when we had tons of people to see. I'm sure there were a number of people wondering what was wrong with me and I apologize to all those people. It wasn't you, it was me.

Two of Steve's sisters were in town Monday and Tuesday. Joe and Cindy and their family decided to camp Monday night at Payson Lake. Nobody else wanted to camp, but we were all up for a campfire with hotdogs and marshmallows. People brought two different kinds of oreos, chocolate covered graham crackers, regular graham crackers, cookies and cream nutella, hershey's chocolate bars, peanut butter, and of course marshmallows. Gourmet smores bar right there. I even found some gluten free graham crackers and had a couple. I recommend cookies and cream nutella. Yumm! Cecily got filthy (she made dirt angels with her cousin at one point) and loved every minute of it. Everybody smelled like campfire when we got home, so even though it was nearly 10pm, I made them all shower because I'd just washed sheets that day. Didn't plan that very well, did I?

I loved the sunset on the way home. These pictures don't do it justice.



My kids also loved the free-range cows, so I had to take a picture of those, too.


Tuesday, since I'd just washed my hair and was feeling anti-social, Steve took the girls to the Provo Rec Center with Heather and her boys. I went grocery shopping. I probably should have just stayed home and relaxed, but we needed a few things and since I had to drive to Spanish Fork to get them anyway, I couldn't not get all the stuff we needed.

That afternoon, we had a barbecue and then hung out at the Watts' until it was dark enough to do fireworks. I mostly hid in a corner and listened to a book. But Steve played games and the kids played and played and then watched Disney's Tarzan for the first time. At dusk everyone went down to the parking lot at the end of the Watts' street to do fireworks. I struggle every year with doing fireworks as a big group. Our tradition growing up was to always do fireworks just as our little family. Our parents almost never accepted invitations to do fireworks with big groups because they didn't like the chaos. I guess i don't like the chaos either. It took me a few years to realize why I was struggling though, and by then, it was already a tradition that our girls loved. I tried to sit for a while, but it was just too stressful and I ended up taking Cecily home early because the noise started to get to her.

Wednesday, we were supposed to spend with my family, but with my mom's hip surgery, there wasn't really much we could do with her, and everything we could think of to do with Ben's family was outside and it was supposed to be 100 degrees that day. Plus there was my party-pooper depression going on and I didn't want to sit around and play games. So we ended up inviting our friend Camber and her daughters over for a crepe breakfast and then had dinner with Ben's family (super nachos--mmmm) and a few small fireworks after my parents arrived. Some parachutes, smoke bombs, sparklers, and ground flowers. Ben lives too close to the mountain to do any aerials at his house, so it saved us money and we could leave before 11pm, so it worked out.

While Camber was over, we needed something to do, so I got out my beads and we made necklaces. The girls all made one and I made a red one because I didn't have anything red that fit me and I wanted to be patriotic.


Cecily had preschool graduation Thursday after lunch. She hasn't been doing preschool for over a month now, but since it was online only, they had random times that they scheduled graduations throughout the valley. I forgot my phone when we went, so this is the picture I got after we arrived home.


We picked up Camber's daughter, Cassie after the graduation, so she could come have a sleepover. It was supposed to be a double sleepover--first she comes to our house and then they went to her house the next night--but when Mira was still awake at 11pm (after being up until at least 10pm every night this week, which is an hour past normal go-to-sleep time) and Cecily decided to get a nose bulb and use it to suck up my perfume and spray it all over her bedroom, they lost the privilege of having a second sleepover. They desperately needed to go to bed early and I knew they wouldn't at a sleepover.
There were a lot of tears over that, but it was a good thing. Cassie stayed until Camber got off work on Friday and we let them play again on Saturday, so it didn't end up being much different except for the sleep thing.

Friday, I had my second pregnancy check up. It's always comforting to hear the heartbeat and know the little human is still doing well. I was hoping to get a gender ultrasound soon because I am dying of curiosity, but the doctor said he waits until 21 weeks for the next ultrasound. That's six weeks from now! I could pay $55 to get one this coming week and I so so want to, but Steve doesn't want to spend the money. Boo.

Ceci ended up getting sick on Saturday with fever and sore throat. Probably from lack of sleep. So she and Steve, who was also feeling under the weather, didn't go to church today. Mira made me take a picture of her hair though. And then she took some selfies. I can't get over her eyes.




No comments: