Monday, June 25, 2018

Swimming lessons take over your life

I took a picture of the keychain that Emilia made for Steve last week and forgot to put it in last week's post. So here you are. It's Star Wars themed and perfect for Steve.


We had swimming lessons this week. Every day at 9:30 am. When I signed the girls up, I thought 9:30 would be a good time to allow everyone to sleep in, but be early enough to not impinge on the rest of the day. I miscalculated. Apparently when Cecily swims for a half an hour every day, she needs to sleep later than 8:45 am. Because by Friday, she was completely unmanageable. A description of the highlights of our day (from Facebook):

--Cecily was throwing a tantrum on the way to swimming lessons, screaming that she would NOT eat the dry cereal she had begged me to bring with for her breakfast and that instead she would only eat cookies. I ugly screamed back, "I'd rather you starve than give you cookies!"
--Then after I dropped her sisters off for the lessons she was supposed to be at, but which I wasn't letting her go to because she'd been so horrible all morning (it was 9:30 am), she jumps out of the car at the parking lot stop sign and books it the other direction. I have to hop out of the car and chase after her while construction workers stare at my wonderful parenting.
--We had to drive home because I'd forgotten towels (because someone had been screaming at me for ten minutes before we left) so I planned to hurry and get them and let Cecily go to the end of her lesson if she calmed down and listened. She just kept arguing with me though, so finally, I brilliantly told her, "You are not going to win! I am bigger than you and heavier than you and stronger than you and more stubborn. So I'm going to win! Stop fighting me!" Her response? "Not until you turn this car around!"
--Later, we went to get Sno Cones because I'd promised them the day before that we could get them. But...I hadn't had time to shower yet, so I gave them money to buy the shaved ice and then we were going to drive home and eat them. Mira asked why we couldn't just eat them there and I told her it was because I was dirty and smelly. Cecily pipes up, "Mom, you always smell bad. Even right after you take a shower. 😖
--As soon as Mira steps in the car with her cone, she drops tiger's blood shaved ice on Emilia's seat. I yell, "Hurry! Brush it off before it stains something!" And Emilia proceeds to brush it further into the car. 🤪😵

I love Mira's sense of style. So I documented it.



We worked more on our custom ponies this week. We actually were able to cut the hair off and pull it out without locking ourselves out of the house even once. We also started the painting. We need to paint the eyes and the eye masks and the spots on Ladybug.








One night, my mom asked us to run to Joanne's to take advantage of a great sale. She is still mostly out of commission recovering from her surgery, so me and Mira and Emilia picked out a bunch of fabric for my mom to use in skirts.



Mira, also stole my phone to take selfies, apparently.













I got some gladiolas out of my front flower beds this week, too. They're such a unique flower. So pretty.


Steve and I went on a date Saturday night to the local used book store. It's the first time we've been since they moved to a new location. It's a really fun store with tons of well-organized books. The only reason I remember this is because I took a picture of one of the books I found. I have so many friends with anxiety, I wanted to show this to them.


I didn't take any more pictures this week. And I don't have anything else on my calendar. I know Steve had a game night. And I got to write one night. And I had my weekly writer's group and helped Julia. And we celebrated Father's Day on Monday night when Steve got home by getting take out and eating at a park. I probably went shopping a couple times. But since there are no pictures I'm having a hard time remembering. I'll have to try harder this next week. :)

No comments: