I don't know why this picture got missed last week. Except maybe I'd already written like a book-length blog post.
Here was my caption for this picture from instagram:As I pulled up to the last stoplight by my house, there on the road, right under where my car would stop, was something that looked liked the exoskeleton of an alien jellyfish spider. *Was it really an exoskeleton?* I asked myself. Maybe it was just pretending to be dead so I would feel safe(ish) driving over it. It could then attach itself to my car and attack me when I got out. Now I'm sitting in my driveway wondering if I'm going to be the next victim of a predatory alien race.
Before church last Sunday the girls were playing and both Mira and Cecily tried on my old Wonder Woman Underoos. They fit Cecily better, but she was too quick to take it off. Here's Mira in the outfit.
Monday was, of course, Labor Day. It was also Onion Days for Payson, and since we had so much fun at the parade last year, we decided to go again this year. And I, being the the efficient one, decided that since we were out of raspberries from our last picking, we should stop and pick raspberries before the parade, since the raspberry patch is in Payson, too. We all had to get up at 7, and we left a half hour later than I would have liked, but we made it in time to pick 3 1/2 lbs before we had to leave for Ben's house.
The bees were busy that morning, too.
This is Emilia, Cecily, Mira, Lincoln, and Dylan. I find it funny that if you look closely, there is a guy running on the street and it looks like Dylan's arm is his bare leg, even though his other leg is covered by jeans. Haha!
This is what the younger kids thought of the sirens and horns of the emergency vehicles.
I love parades.
Steve, Ben, Joanie, Jason, and Conner don't love them so much. They hung out in the back.
Cool dinosaur float. The people were throwing full-sized toothbrushes.
Another cool float.
There was a full moon this week. It always looks so big hanging over the mountains. This is a terrible picture of it, but you can see how orange it is from all the fires, and considering the other lights are the front door and garage of a house, comparitively, that moon is huge.
Cecily has been a rock star all week because the girls have been watching LoliRock on Netflix. I thought she looked like a flapper girl here.
Emilia went with me to the store one night after her sisters were put to bed early for being cranky. She decided she NEEDS these. (She loves all things cats, which she calls "poofy kitties".)
I was super excited to see these. They are all the Star Wars women! So cool! The Endor Leia even has Wicket!
Emilia had a bug in her room one night and Steve wouldn't kill it for her, so she armed herself with knee-high socks, gloves, and a Kleenex and came out conquerer (it was smaller than my pinkie nail, so I was pretty confident she'd survive).
Saturday we spent most of the day puttering and getting ready for our upcoming trip. I'm excited to get my first stamps in my first passport.
Today we had a regional conference, so church was only 2 hours from 10 - 12. Considering we usually have church from 1 - 4, this left a lot of the day for us to hang out. I picked the produce from our garden, we had hamburgers and tater tots for dinner, Steve played My Little Ponies with the girls, and we all drew/colored/painted after dinner, even Steve. If I get ambitious, I may make a peach pie after the girls go to bed because I've been craving one ever since peaches came in season.
Tonight at dinner, I gave Cecily her requested hamburger pattie, raspberries, and bun separate, then turned to dish out some to Mira when I hear Cecily say, "Mmm...this be so good together," and find that she's put both the hamburger and the raspberries in the bun. Oh yeah. Yum! Later, eating another bun, she says, "Look, I have bun cheeks." Oy, child.
Mira was throwing up on Thursday. It was so sad. Especially when we had pizza for dinner and she started crying because she was so sad she couldn't have any. Now I have a sore throat and a headache and I'm downing Airborne like it's candy because I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't want to have a cold on 9 hours worth of flights on Friday. That would totally suck. I'll take any good vibes you want to send my way.
I probably won't post next week because I'll be in FRANCE! Woot! Woot! Thanks to everybody who is helping us so we can go. We are so very excited!


















No comments:
Post a Comment