Sunday, August 13, 2017

dead phone

So...my phone died this week. Dropped it perfectly to leave everything intact except the screen. And I didn't even break the screen itself. It's just a green and black blur. I'm very sad about this. Looking at new phone options, none of them are as good as the phone I had. *sigh*

I helped Julia again on Monday. Tuesday, I took the girls to a book signing for Song Breaker. The author was my mentor two years ago at Storymakers Conference. We learned a Finnish folkdance, made crowns, ate Finnish holiday bread, and got our faces painted. I bought the book, but I haven't read it yet. Steve played LOTR with Ben on Wednesday. Ben brought his oldest, Dylan, with him and she got to stay over night and play with us all the next day. Thursday, I had a doctor appointment in Salt Lake, so afterward, I took the girls over to my parents' house so I could help out a little more. They got to swim in Nana's pool for a little bit, so they were happy. That night, a couple in our ward invited us to go shooting at Springville's outdoor shooting range. I shot a .308 rifle, a .22 rifle, a 9mm glock, and another handgun that was more powerful, but I can't remember what kind it was. Steve sustained an injury that night, though luckily not a bullet wound. :) He sat down to shoot the .308 and was aiming through the scope. He took the rebound in his shoulder just fine, but his face was too close to the scope and he now has a really nice crescent moon scab in between his eyes. Friday and Saturday were sit at home and do nothing days. Even though I still did lots of work. I just didn't leave the house at all. And my kids stayed in their pjs all day. Today was a pretty normal Sunday.

Unfortunately for you, there will be no pictures of pretty sunsets or adorable children. Because my phone is dead . . . and I am sad.

1 comment:

Canyonsrcool said...

I can get you a discount on a phone . . .