My only picture this week is of Mira's student of the week poster and most of you have already seen it because I posted it on Facebook and Instagram. Technically, that didn't even happen this week, since I remembered and finished the poster after 9pm last Sunday.
Monday, we ended up going to our friends, the Childress' house to watch the football playoffs between Clemson and Alabama. I got to have a girls' night Wednesday for which I convinced my friend to watch Bulletproof Monk with me. I remembered really liking that show, but it didn't hold up as well as I thought it would. It was cheesier than I remember, though not horrible. It also looked like it was filmed with somebody's camera phone. Though I wonder if that was part of the effect they were going for since it was based on old ninja movies and a comic book by the same name. Steve got to play LOTR on Thursday. And for the rest of the week, we got the flu. It's actually not been too bad. Emilia's the only one who's thrown up. We've just had to stay home a lot and watch TV a lot. Steve did take Emilia and Cecily to the discovery museum on Saturday with cousins because they were all feeling better. This morning, I came down with a bladder infection and Emilia caught the cold part of the bug. She's excessively good at complaining about not being able to breathe and I'm sure she's gone through an entire box of Kleenexes in the last 24 hours. Not because her nose is running. But because she just can't stand the idea of not being able to breathe. It's like she thinks she can convince her nose to stop being plugged if she just prods it enough. She has now been banned from using any new Kleenexes until the barely used ones are actually used up. Maybe that's gross, but we can't afford her Kleenex habit.
We don't usually watch TV on Sundays, but since we were all stuck at home again, we decided to watch a Disney movie as a family. Cecily and Mira have never seen Beauty and the Beast, so we finally convinced them to watch it. Emilia had scared them off of it saying it was super frightening. But I think they all enjoyed it, despite hiding under covers for part of the show. :)
I hope the bug will pass the rest of us by this next week and I'll be able to get more writing done. I've been rather stuck lately. Happy adventuring!

No comments:
Post a Comment