How did I miss last week again? I don't even know. And today I'm tired and feeling lazy. You might just get a bunch of pictures with minimal explanation. We'll see--if I can ever get my computer to recognize my phone. Annoying electronic devices.
Ahh....here we go....
 |
| The kids were bored one day, so I made a tea party for them. |
 |
| We've been to the library, it feels like, a million times this summer. I picked up some books for sale while I was there. I'm excited to read them. |
 |
| We went up Hobble Creek Canyon to roast marshmallows one night. It was so nice in the cooler temperatures and I'll always eat a toasty s'more. |
 |
| Cecily helping Steve put out the fire. |
 |
| I had just washed my hair and didn't want it to smell like smoke because we had church at 9am the next morning. So I wrapped up in an old t-shirt. |
 |
| Emilia begged to be able to pose with the roasting stick. Funny girl. |
 |
| Love this little diaper bum. |
 |
| Visited my mom on Monday. Cecily built her first WonderBlocks tower. Momentous occasion. |
 |
| Another trip to the library. Mira reads books to herself all the time, with no reading skills other than her imagination. She's got a stellar imagination. |
 |
| Cecily doing puzzles while she waits for her sisters and their books. She's not so impressed with them yet. |
 |
| Emilia is a voracious reader. She picked out 16 books to read and will be done with them in about 10 days. |
 |
| I wanted the girls to have something festive to wear on the 4th, so I made them some shirts. |
 |
| An attempt at a family photo in said shirts. |
 |
| We also went to the splash pad. Emilia and Cecily were wearing the same swim suits. We have an awesome splash pad. Have I mentioned this? |
 |
| Emilia looks so grown up in this picture. |
We also went swimming with the Strattons, had a bbq and fireworks on the 4th, fixed our car only to have it break again, and Alison moved out, revealing that we had a leak in our basement. This resulted in taking out a large section of drywall (thanks for the help, Dad!), pulling out insulation, getting new stuff for the walls and carpet, and getting advice from a restoration guy. He'll have to come back now that we can see the extent of the damage, though. Overall, these last few weeks have been very stressful. Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July!
1 comment:
Your library appears to be way cooler than ours. And your splash pad. 😊 your canyon trip looks fun. It's one of my favorite things to do and we rarely do it.
Post a Comment