Sunday, June 7, 2015

North Dakota and another crazy week

I went to North Dakota last weekend for my grandmother's memorial service. I loved being home and spending the whole weekend with my mom's side of the family. We haven't all gotten together like that in a long time. I felt surrounded with people I love, people who know me and accept me, people who make me laugh with their antics, jokes, stories, and bad puns. And (except for the being funny part, maybe), the feeling was mutual. :) I also enjoyed staying with my Grandma and Grandpa Frohlich. I hadn't seen them in 5 years, so it was good to catch up and be a part of their lives again for a very short moment.

We didn't want to pay for plane tickets for everybody, so Steve stayed home with all three girls while I got to go play. I felt like a kid again, playing games, eating great food, going to garage sales, and staying up late. So much fun.

The kids missed me. So that was nice. :) This whole last week seems like a blur. We packed in doctor appointments, car repairs, a family photo shoot (that I took the pictures), a drive to Layton (about an hour from here), a splash pad, a play date, a ward barbecue, a library trip, a Costco trip, a family picnic, a Twitter pitch contest (for my writing), some gardening, a lawn mowing, a trip to a friend's house, a pretend race, Emilia's first lost tooth, and a whole lot of goofiness.


















No comments: