Last Sunday I was laid out sick in bed. I didn't feel like being alive let alone blogging. I had a stomach bug that was so awful that I didn't know how I was going to make it another minute. It started around 4pm Saturday night and lasted until Thursday morning. Monday, I went to the doctor and he gave me a prescription for anti-nausea medication which allowed me to eat bread and other such highly innocuous foods without wanting to die. But I couldn't eat normal foods until lunchtime on Thursday. I hope I don't get that bug again. Ever.
Last week Emilia graduated from Kindergarten, but the pictures were on my old phone and for some reason, they didn't get transferred to my new phone. Hopefully I can fix that this week and put up some pictures of it for you next Sunday. On the up side, I got a new phone! Yay!
Cecily is getting to be a pro at walking. She was already a pro at getting into things, but she can do it faster now.
My dad came down yesterday and helped me put up the shutters I made months ago. He's so handy! Thank you, Dadda! As Steve said before you left, there was no way he was going to go anywhere near them. :)
Steve hasn't gotten any of the jobs he's been interviewed for so far (3 of them). He put in four more applications last week. I hope one of them pans out. He is very unhappy at work right now and I want him to be happy again. Nothing's worse than a man who is unhappy with his daily grind.
To end this rather random blog post, I'll give you some facebook funnies:
5/16/14
Mira was out by me in the living room and Steve was back in the bedroom getting ready for work. He made some noise, bumping into something or dropping something.
Mira: What's that noise, Mom?
Me: What noise?
Mira: *That* noise. (She thinks for a second.) Maybe a dinosaur came alive, Mom. Maybe a dinosaur came alive.
5/11/14
On the way home from Grandma and Grandpa's house Emilia made up a song for me for mother's day. Part of it went something like this: It's Mother's Day. You're my mom. Sometimes you have bad days. But that's okay because your children still love you.
5/2/14
We were stopped for a lo-o-ong time at a light tonight and when it finally turned green, I (rather calmly) urged the cars ahead of me to get through the light.
Me: Okay guys. Let's go go go!
Mira: Good job, Momma.
Me: Are you congratulating me on speaking nicely, Mira?
Mira: Yeah, to the cars.
I guess I need to keep the road rage down a bit in the future.
5/1/14
I love how Mira tells me she's hungry:
Mommy, my tummy is groggling.
4/27/14
I hope nobody minds another poop story, because I'm gonna tell you anyway. Mira still needs help using the potty. I hear her call me in there this morning, so I go in.
Me: You pooped!
Mira: Yeah. I pee, too.
Me: You did both; you peed and pooped?
Mira: Yeah, they friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment