Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cecily Face

This week was much less filled up than last week--thank Heavens! It was wonderful not being so busy.  Not that I wasn't busy, just not AS busy.

Tuesday night I had a meeting.

I know, that's how I feel about meetings, too.
Wednesday, we got to play with Jane, Meg, and Kate at the park and our house.  It's been super windy here lately, so we flew kites at the park.  Jane and Meg had a blast.  My kids were either uninterested (Mira) or totally anxious about it (Emilia--for example, "Don't twist the lines!" "Watch out for that airplane! It might cut the lines!" "Don't let go! It might blow away!"-- I have no idea where she gets her anxiety from because I'm not a worrier, huh-uh.).

Thursday, Ben gave me the opportunity to photograph a house he just listed.  He told me about it Wednesday afternoon and the girls and I ran over there Thursday morning. It was empty, so I could bring the girls in with me. He needed the pictures right away, so I processed those during nap time.


Thursday night we didn't have anything planned, but the girls were at each others' throats, so I wanted to separate them.  I decided to go out with one and leave one at home with Daddy and Cecily.  I wanted to go to DI (thrift store) because I have been messing around with the furniture in my living room and wanted to see if I could find some things to fill in the walls and tables. Well, when I said I was going to DI, both girls wanted to go and would not be dissuaded.  So the three of us went and actually had fun! I found a bunch of stuff that was just perfect and the girls had fun playing with the toys and other things they found (like old trophies and Easter baskets).  I got them ice cream cones from McDonalds for being so good.


Friday, the neighbor offered to take the girls to the park with his little girl in the morning for a little while, then Emilia had school, then a playdate with a friend from school.  After I picked her up, we headed to G&G Watts' house for hotdogs cooked over a fire and roasted marshmallows.  Plus play time, of course. Steve had his game night that night, too, so it was good to not have to deal with the girls by myself all night.


Saturday, I went to the temple with the other ladies in the the new RS Presidency.  They picked me up at 6:30am.  If you know me at all, you will know what a sacrifice this was for me. :)  As soon as I got home, Steve left to pick up his friend's truck and head out to Ben's father-in-law's farm.  It's a dairy farm and they have a huge composter.  My dad tells me it's the size of our living room.  And it makes good dirt. So we got about 1000 lbs of compost for the cost of a 12-pack of Diet Coke--literally. While he was gone, Cecily went down for a nap, so I started weeding the huge flower-bed/slope in our front yard.  I did that for 2 hours and still only got 1/2 way done. Steve got back around 2, when we had to shovel that 1/2 ton of dirt out of the truck into various places around our yard, including the bed where I want to put a garden. As soon as that was finished, I showered, bathed all the girls, got us dressed and did my hair and makeup. I grabbed my camera and all of us headed up to the Riverwoods in Provo to do some family pictures for Ben and Haylee and then my whole family.  I was so pooped by the end of the day!


Nana, Dylan, and Mira at the Riverwoods where we took pictures.

Emilia made a bird's nest. It was pretty big and she was very impressed
with herself.  She wanted me to take a picture. :)
And for good measure, here is a link to a video of Cecily talking. I happen to think it's adorable baby talk.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=704619929579483

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

Hot dogs and marshmallows on a campfire sound awesome. I love summery things. And I will probably see your new calling in an earlier post, but if not, what calling?