Sunday, March 16, 2014

back and forth & Facebook funnies

This last week was pretty normal.  Steve and I kinda went back and forth watching kids for a lot of the week.  Wednesday, I volunteered to teach the young women at church some cake decorating basics.  After I got home, Steve went to play the LOTR card game at a friend's house.  Thursday, I went to a movie with Haylee and another friend.  We saw The Book Thief and I enjoyed it.  It was thought-provoking without being totally depressing. Friday night Steve went to the temple.  Saturday, I put a first coat of brown on our new shutters and ran some errands while Steve updated our budget and scrubbed the kitchen floor (isn't he a good hubby?). Saturday night, we hung out with our good friends the Childresses.  I stayed late and watched Young Victoria, which I also enjoyed.  It was very well-done and again, thought-provoking.  Today was interesting with Mira having 3 accidents, two of them not at home and not the easy, wet kind.  I don't know what her deal is, but I hope she grows out of it soon.  On a happy note, we let Cecily cry it out for 2 nights last week and she is now sleeping at least 6 hours at a time at night and I feel like I wake up rested.  What a thought!

I don't think I took any pictures this week. And my phone just locked up trying to look

And from Facebook:

3/14/14
Our dinner conversation started out like this:
Mira: We don't eat people, Daddy.
Steve: Yes, we don't eat people. That's gross.
Emilia: What are those people called again?
Steve: Cannibals.
Emilia: Do they wear red and black capes?
Steve: Uhh....no.


3/8/14
Driving to the duck pond park as a family...
Mira: We're going to April!
Emilia: No! We're going to a park. We're not going to April. April is a month. It's a month, Mira.
Mira: Daddy, we going to a month!


3/6/14
Mira: Look, Momma! I cut [my chicken nugget] myself!
Me: Wow! You did. Good job, Mira!
Mira: Yup. I awesome, thank you.
Nothing like raising humble children. 


2/14/14
I made my girls nutella sandwiches for lunch. Mira got clementine oranges and Emilia got 1/2 an apple.
Emilia: Seeds! Look seeds, Mira! I can take them out and we can plant them.
Mira: Take out our sandwich seeds, too. And plant them!


2/10/14
Driving to Grandma and Grandpa's.
Emilia: Mom, Cecily's awake.
Mira (who can't see Cecily): No, she not.
Emilia: I can see her. Her eyes are open. Hi, Cecily!
Mira: She NOT awake.
Emilia: Yes she is.
Cecily giggles.
Mira: NO SHE NOT! She asleep!
Steve: Mira, are you asleep?
Mira: No, I just happy.


2/5/14
Emilia often gets focused on what's going on inside her head so much that reality no longer registers. Just now, she left the breakfast table to use the restroom and when she came back, she exclaimed, "Oh! I guess I accidentally took my shirt off!"

1/28/14
Occasionally, when Emilia sees me right after I get dressed, she says in an an awed voice, "Wow, Mom! Great outfit!" I know she's trying to be flattering, but she sounds so surprised that I wonder what she thinks of how I dress the rest of the time. 

1/28/14
The other day in the car Mira got talking about Elijah's baptism. Emilia often says it "bap-a-tism," and Mira couldn't remember it exactly, so she called it a hip-a-tism.
"We go to 'Lijah's hipatism. When we get hipatized, we become....hippos!"


1/12/14
In the car on the way to my parents house...
Mira: Mom! a speedamint!
Me: Really? Where?
Mira: There! There's another one. Daddy! There's a speedamint!
Me aside to Steve: She's saying "speed limit."
Steve: Oh, I see. So, Mira, what's *your* speedamint?
Mira: A girl! (said with both the 'r' and the 'l' as a 'w') 
 
 
 
 

No comments: