Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bubs is 2!


And we had a party to celebrate.  The cake you see above is the ice cream cake with ganache frosting that I made myself because I was too cheap to pay $30 for an 8 in. cake.  It was really tasty and turned out even better than I had hoped on my first attempt at both an ice cream cake and chocolate ganache.

Mira turned 2 on the 28th, but we celebrated the weekend before.  On Saturday we went out with Grandma and Grandpa Watts for lunch and a shopping trip to ToysRUs.  Mira loved everything in the store, including a 30 in stuffed Twilight Sparkle.  Steve and I both put our foot down and said NO WAY is that coming home with us, I don't care how much she likes it at the store.  She ended up getting a couple of Little Mermaid Lego Duplo sets, which I think she has played with much more than she would have played with an enormous stuffed pony.  We also bought her a  set of wooden blocks so we could all have fun knocking down towers.

On Sunday, we went to my parents' house and had a barbeque and combined birthday bash for my mom, Dylan, and Mira.  We had a lot of fun opening presents and stuffing ourselves with tasty food and good company.

Mira opening presents:





Giving hugs to Aunt Haylee for her new summer shorts:


Some of the rest of the chaos--I mean family togetherness :):




Mira having fun with the bag her gift came in:



Thanks everybody for a great birthday celebration for our little Mira Bubbs Peachy Meachy Squeeze.  Happy Birthday sweetie!

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

That cake looks awesome. And two year olds? My favorite!